Will the future resemble the Book of Revelations? -

WallaceandGromit2

kiwifarms.net
Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming "i am the Christ.
and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come."

Yes there will be many who play the role of the false prophet and of course there will be a system that supports them and at the same time suppresses information to the extent that you hear of war only in whisper.
The thing that bothers me still about Christianity is it goes out so miserably. "lol sorry guys the last generation has to live through the closest thing to hell I could think of. Mad? Pray about it and you'll see that this is for the best." At least at ragnarok you get one last grasp at glory. We Christians just have to shrug and pray it doesn't happen in our lifetimes.
The tribulation is to come, but Christians wouldn't need to go through it. Sixth seal has Christians coming out of the tribulation which is a echo of Matthew 24 where one will be taken and the other left after the days of tribulation. The thing about it is that you should be ready. If you are not, it's gonna sneak up like a thief and take you by surprise.
The anti Christ and false prophet have been revealed. There's actually a lot of visions and dreams had recently. Admittely, not as many visions as dreams. Yet, still visions. Plus, I had a dream divinely given after praying and using TempleOS.

• Autistic
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Iwasamwillbe

Pagan Syncretistic Sun God
kiwifarms.net
I at least got to see @Emperor Julian and @Bum Driller tip their fedoras pretty hard in this thread, along with a "Catholicism vs Protestantism" debate.

So this thread isn't completely trash.

Book of Revelations is 100% fanfiction, only adopted into the Bible proper because they wanted to give it a strong ending. It is an excellent work of religious literature, but that's all it is. It holds no real theological or predictive value.

The truth about Christianity is that we don't get an ending that wraps up human existence with a nice little bow, we have to keep going and pretending the world is going to end tomorrow - or at all - is just going to make you look like a loon and give atheists ammunition. If God wants to end the world, that's His business and none of ours.
Book of Revelation just builds up on Day of YHWH prophecies held within the Tanakh. And displays themes of much theological signifivance

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
I at least got to see @Emperor Julian and @Bum Driller tip their fedoras pretty hard in this thread, along with a "Catholicism vs Protestantism" debate.

So this thread isn't completely trash.

Book of Revelation just builds up on Day of YHWH prophecies held within the Tanakh. And displays themes of much theological signifivance
And you could say Dante's Inferno builds up on themes of sin and the need for repentance, but that doesn't make it legitimate. Revelations has no predictive power. Its events were interpreted to be nigh, but that's clearly false now.

Iwasamwillbe

Pagan Syncretistic Sun God
kiwifarms.net
And you could say Dante's Inferno builds up on themes of sin and the need for repentance, but that doesn't make it legitimate. Revelations has no predictive power. Its events were interpreted to be nigh, but that's clearly false now.
Well that's extremely debatable (both in and of itself and how that's relevant in today's world), but I won't push the issue for now.

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net
Well that's extremely debatable (both in and of itself and how that's relevant in today's world), but I won't push the issue for now.
It was supposed to have predicted events within the lifetime of its readers when it was accepted into the Bible. That's what I meant.

WallaceandGromit2

kiwifarms.net
It was supposed to have predicted events within the lifetime of its readers when it was accepted into the Bible. That's what I meant.
It depends on "this generation" plus, Jesus tells on how some are still fallen asleep to this day. And The Lord is longsuffering not wanting any to perish. He desires them to repent. And The Church is still here even though a falling away has taken place.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
The "Revelations is talking about Rome" crap is just modernist dogmatic garbage, and runs directly contrary with what Christ said.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+8&version=KJV

It runs directly contrary to common sense too. If that was the original interpretation, then why did we go through over 1000 years of history with Christian nations modelling themselves after Rome? Furthermore, if the anti-christ is indicated to attempt to LARP as the messiah, and Christians are waiting for the return of Christ who said he'll return exactly as he left, then what religion is waiting on this "other" messiah?

Archive:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino