What is your "utopia"? What would your "perfect society" look like? - Why cant I just run the world?

Ryszenska

playing minecraft on a cool 2012 summer night
kiwifarms.net
This will be a pragmatic view because with a principled view I wouldn't even want control of the world.

I'm a realist so I'm not gonna assume that everyone will love everything I do just because I'm the glorious dictator. Because of this, the first course of action would be to redraw the borders, or at least divide certain nations like the US into its states, to make it difficult for anyone to fight for their independence. Would start with more apathetic parts of the world like Western Europe. (See Stalin in Central Asia or the Europeans in the Middle East.)

It is for the same reason that China style control over the media and what people say would have to happen. While IRL I'm a fan of freedom of speech and hate censorship, but if one controls the entire world, there would literally be billions of people who also wouldn't be a big fan of you, so hindering their progress at dethroning you would be a necessity. (See the PRC, or most authoritarian governments for that matter.)

Death Arenas. As in rounding up death row inmates (or even those with high-tier crimes but not on death row) and putting them in Hunger Game's style battle royales. People can of course bet on the winner(s). Bread and circuses. (See Roman Empire.)

Tax cuts. Support boost and to help the economy. Would substitute funding of the world government via tapping into the resources of the planet. Screw Environmentalism. (See oil nations like UAE or KSA, and see tax heavens like Singapore or Hong Kong.)

Funding towards certain projects like eliminating disease, cancer, etc. Support boost.

Funding towards cool stuff like asteroid mining. Support and economy boost. (See SpaceX.)

Funding towards random shit like genetic engineering and catgirls, just to see if it can become a reality, then progressing onto things like turning people into catgirls. (See Elon Musk.)

Living in riches with people I like while sending people I don't like to the death arenas.

This all probably wouldn't last a few years before the world descends into chaos because true utopia can never be achieved, but it would be fun while it lasted.

Reactions: ZeCommissar

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
I'd want to develop some kind of pod-city that could survive inhospitable environments, and let anyone who wanted a space set up shop in one. One can be a white man's nation, one can be a multicultural melting pot, one can be an anarchist experiment. Whatever society you can dream up, here's a bubble to try it out in. Make them modular, so successful societies can expand painlessly. The catch would be free passage. Allow anyone who wants to move to join whatever society they choose.

You really love communism? Cool, here's your new home. You want to see everyone armed to whatever degree they please? Off to Gun-world with you. Sort everyone according to what they claim to want, and let all of them play off each other.

Eventually, some thing's gonna float to the top and that something will be a model for the rest of the world to follow. For better or worse.

Reactions: ZeCommissar

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
I'd want to develop some kind of pod-city that could survive inhospitable environments, and let anyone who wanted a space set up shop in one. One can be a white man's nation, one can be a multicultural melting pot, one can be an anarchist experiment. Whatever society you can dream up, here's a bubble to try it out in. Make them modular, so successful societies can expand painlessly. The catch would be free passage. Allow anyone who wants to move to join whatever society they choose.

You really love communism? Cool, here's your new home. You want to see everyone armed to whatever degree they please? Off to Gun-world with you. Sort everyone according to what they claim to want, and let all of them play off each other.

Eventually, some thing's gonna float to the top and that something will be a model for the rest of the world to follow. For better or worse.
Well that's cool and all but....if you give everyone free passage then what's stopping a black man from just moving into the AllWhite society or vice versa? Whats stopping a Neo-Nazi from trying to infiltrate and attack the communist one?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And you don't get to go to some alternate utopia and then say "except for this thing which you have to change for MEEEEEEEEE."

BillionBisonBucks

kiwifarms.net
Well that's cool and all but....if you give everyone free passage then what's stopping a black man from just moving into the AllWhite society or vice versa? Whats stopping a Neo-Nazi from trying to infiltrate and attack the communist one?
Nothing, other then there being little to be gained. Hardening against attack would be part of what the experiment would select for.
And you don't get to go to some alternate utopia and then say "except for this thing which you have to change for MEEEEEEEEE."
Yeah, start your own if that one thing is such a sticking point. I actually think virtually indistinguishable societies vying for population would be really interesting (and hilarious).

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, start your own if that one thing is such a sticking point. I actually think virtually indistinguishable societies vying for population would be really interesting (and hilarious).
Also what if some utopia had a defining rule that, for instance, only 500,000 people were allowed in it ever? And then lots more wanted to actually join it.

BillionBisonBucks

kiwifarms.net
Also what if some utopia had a defining rule that, for instance, only 500,000 people were allowed in it ever? And then lots more wanted to actually join it.
Someone copies their ruleset without the population limit and becomes infinitely more prosperous - unless the population limit is key to the utopia's success, which would be very valuable data.

Cilleystring

Merry Christmas Taylor Swift
kiwifarms.net
I'd build the Mile High Neon brothel in Salt Lake City. All employees would have big toothy smiles and bare resemblance to Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, or Farrah Abraham. All patrons with a disability receive free drinks and entertainment. Russell Greer is permanently banned, but is kept on the mailing list for updates on events and new employees.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much today's world, but I have a platinum credit card directly siphoning from the treasury with no charge limit, I am allowed to execute those who displease me, and once a month a comely lass of ample bosom is brought to my quarters where she and last month's girl engage in a threesome with me, and I choose which one I want to keep for the next month.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino