Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net
Hoes be so fucking mad.

View attachment 998323

Feel the boomer embrace, you adolescent fans!

View attachment 998329
View attachment 998328

Funny how he left out the part where the Farms told Ty to fuck off about the personal favor thing, and Ty apologized next time he was on. I wonder why Lemoine didn't include that bit.
Also when law idiots on twitter told these shitheads that defamatory statements were perfectly ok to make online and led to them doing most of the harassing on social media.

TexOffender

kiwifarms.net
Rial and Toye's sanctions brief is up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DEnSBee6VAqg2UF-JYEHlKyaRi3y67YP/view

Kiwi Farms gets a mention by name as early as page 3!

Edit: Marchi motion here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DFooUgjjAar5jOg05CVtGvZSEzQhjBAa/view
Seriously sam? Open with this? lmao

Like Jaimie doesn't have a crapload of ridiculously stupid tweets floating around.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.40.46 AM.png

Hatemongering? lmao

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.43.17 AM.png

and of course, the GFM. Clearly they're buds because they "vacationed together" in hawaii. Man, these lawyers have been watching stuff.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.45.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.45.44 AM.png

What a fucking sperg. This idiot write "first" amendment and scratch it out and put in second? lol

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.52.35 AM.png

Last edited:

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Edited the above the include Marchi's new motion as well.
Hoes mad and broke.

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 11.38.11 AM.png

So all these companies and cons, who "knew for decades" about the "open secret" of Vic's evil hugging, and who totally back up the "victims" whose stories changed 10 minutes before they signed an affidavit... why would they suddenly not want to hire Jamie Marchi just because some D-list celebrity filed a frivolous lawsuit while being #StillFired?

:thinking:

teriyakiburns

Your world frightens and confuses me.
kiwifarms.net
Local copies are always superior in every way.

1572973285604.png

What does this have to do with anything?

1572972968950.png

They think they're getting a cross-exam of the plaintiff. They want their day in court, dammit!

What is this? Fucking Perry Mason?

1572973379928.png

Don't these two paragraphs contradict one another?

Vic says he's bringing the suit to end public attacks on him and repair his reputation. Somehow Lemongasp wants the court to believe that that it means the opposite.

Attachments

TexOffender

kiwifarms.net
Man, it looks like Marchi got the best deal on her lawyer. She got her case dismissed for $50k when it took $160k for Funi and $270k for Toye and Rial.

Vic's counsel should probably use Marchi's legal fees as evidence of the "reasonable" fee to obtain a dismissal. Everything else is just padding.
Sam's a strip mall lawyer running a small firm. He needs to be efficient with his own time and his clients money.

Also going to assume he probably doesn't chase ambulances.

I remember this fat tard. I thought he just left and some chick reported him to the police when he was across the street and went for asspats on twitter. Then he left the convention. Funny because she wasn't scared at all, she bragged about getting him kicked out of the con with her stupid smiley pic.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.09.54 AM.png

yeah looking pretty distraught there. Also looking fat.

el fatso.png

Well this is interesting. Shoe is on the other foot there eeh?

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.10.09 AM.png

Last edited:

DinkyCowSow

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Marchi had the simplest case. As many people in this thread have pointed out, she probably shouldn't have been included in the filings at all. The response to TCPA alone barely mentions her, and the evidence put forward about her was minimal compared to what was put forward about any other defendants. So, he probably had to spend fewer hours. Funimation was also a single defendant, but can afford more expensive lawyers, and also a larger part of the case was about them. Rial and Toye were two defendants, and Toye was probably especially hard to defend (since he practically was shouting "I AM MAKING STATEMENTS THAT ARE STATEMENTS OF FACT!" on twitter).

Cloud8521

kiwifarms.net
being that funi is a pretty big company, we can assume that they could have paid that bill, and therefore would possibly contract to that billable, yet we are expected to believe that those two agreed to these billables prior to hire? And he spent a quarter a mill to get to a TCPA?
That lemon deserves less than a dollar for his shit. So much was improperly done, lemon's share should just be given to Marchi's lawyer for not being a pain in the ass, unlike someone who took on the powers of a mosquito who bit him, buzzing annoyingly every moment of the case.
I bet Chupachump demissed the case just to ger away from all the e-mails he got from him.

posting a bill like that should be investigated for some sort of scam in itself.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Marchi had the simplest case. As many people in this thread have pointed out, she probably shouldn't have been included in the filings at all. The response to TCPA alone barely mentions her, and the evidence put forward about her was minimal compared to what was put forward about any other defendants. So, he probably had to spend fewer hours. Funimation was also a single defendant, but can afford more expensive lawyers, and also a larger part of the case was about them. Rial and Toye were two defendants, and Toye was probably especially hard to defend (since he practically was shouting "I AM MAKING STATEMENTS THAT ARE STATEMENTS OF FACT!" on twitter).
I am very unshocked that his fees are the lowest, but in no reasonable reality are they 5x lower than Ronicas.

It stands to some sort of sanity that Monica & Ron's fees are probably not five times higher than Jamies were it not for the motion practice of a certain lung-locked lawyer

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
What does Rekieta's family trust have to do with anything? Also, isn't this a matter of public controversy, and punishing people for using their 1st Amendment rights the very thing the TCPA is designed to prevent? I would think a TCPA expert would know that. Rikieta, Ty, and Vic are afforded the same rights as defendants. Rules for thee not for me.
I'm not sure what you mean here. It's been determined by the court that Vic must pay reasonable attorney's fees and may pay sanctions. These are motions asserting the amounts of the attorneys' fees and arguments as to why sanctions are deserved. I'm not sure how the defendants doing what the courts require can be construed as anything a TCPA would be used for.

I mean, granted the motions are hyperbolic and pretty absurd, but AFAIK, that's allowed.

General Relativity QM

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure what you mean here. It's been determined by the court that Vic must pay reasonable attorney's fees and may pay sanctions. These are motions asserting the amounts of the attorneys' fees and arguments as to why sanctions are deserved. I'm not sure how the defendants doing what the courts require can be construed as anything a TCPA would be used for.

I mean, granted the motions are hyperbolic and pretty absurd, but AFAIK, that's allowed.
In particular, Toye and Rial are moving for sanctions based on what Plaintiff, Plaintiff's counsel, and third parties (Rikieta) have said about defendants, the case, and the overall culture in which this case finds itself. To me, this is very hypocritical. Since the reason the suit is "frivolous" is exactly for this reason. At least, one is a public figure like Vic.
Toye is a limited purpose public figure for inserting himself into the controversy. If saying bad things was a cause for sanctions, it should be a cause for the lawsuit to have continued forward. It is an inconsistent application of the principle if the Court grants Lemon-Furher's motion.

I think Lemon-Furher showed his malice and intent to harass by adding completely irrelevant information regarding Rekieta's family. I mean what the hell!!! Who is doxxing whom?

Last edited:

10SorrowfulObject

kiwifarms.net
How the hell did 2 normal(?) people spend more an a lawsuit than the multi-million dollar company.
Because their exposure is different. Funi was sued over one statement. Ron and Monica were sued over multiple statements so that's going to increase the amount of effort required because they need to research each statement, evaluate facts, etc.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino