Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
On TCPA sure, but on #metoo? I highly doubt it.
The precedent that it sets for #metoo will be that you can't lie about someone and be totally immune to the consequences. They put all their hope of getting out of this unscathed in the TCPA, because they believed it would force Vic to pay all their legal bills. Already they've racked up massive legal bills beyond what Vic was ordered to pay. They were so confident of their retribution that they racked up ridiculously inflated legal bills, thinking that they could financially ruin Vic in addition to everything else they'd already done to him, and it came back to bite them hard instead.

Reactions: Salty Boris and 774

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net
The precedent that it sets for #metoo will be that you can't lie about someone and be totally immune to the consequences. They put all their hope of getting out of this unscathed in the TCPA, because they believed it would force Vic to pay all their legal bills. Already they've racked up massive legal bills beyond what Vic was ordered to pay. They were so confident of their retribution that they racked up ridiculously inflated legal bills, thinking that they could financially ruin Vic in addition to everything else they'd already done to him, and it came back to bite them hard instead.
At the very least, it's one of a few cases that drives home the point that "believe women" bullshit doesn't mean you're immune from being questions/investigated.

break these cuffs

Al Qaeda Jada
kiwifarms.net
I think where @Kendrick is coming from is that this story has no reach. Anime news sites? A Dallas newspaper? Some no name lawyer on youtube? This does not affect metoo in the court of public opinion. It should give harlots and their Avenatti tier lawyers some pause before lobbing accusations, but none of them strike me as the type of people who engage in long term planning or researching their life choices.

It seems to me that metoo has had some steam taken out of it already which is good because I thought it was going to take a stack of bodies of the accused and accusers alike to stop this train. I'm glad to be wrong in this instance. It will still effect niche communities like people who watch cartoons and play vidya, but it seems like a lot of momentum is gone for now at least.
Wait, has Vic actually paid anything or is that yet to be decided?
Chupp dismissed under TCPA and awarded fees and sanctions. It is being appealed.

LuNaS

kiwifarms.net
Wait, has Vic actually paid anything or is that yet to be decided?
It was decided Vic will pay about 250k, but Lemon is trying to appeal that, and the whole dismissal is getting appealed by Vic. Until all appeals are done Vic doesn't have to pay a cent to the opposing counsel.

• Informative
Reactions: Catgirl IRL

Laundui_or_douchette?

kiwifarms.net
Some may try, but they don't got the balls. It'll just end in them crying into their cock shaped pillows.
no, they will feign that the court screwed them and then move their mob onto the next person. Someone who has a lower profile and then work upwards.

This is their play, similar to a smart guy trying to get laid. Rather than going for a 10 straight up, they aim for a bunch of 3’s and then work upwards.

They underestimated Vic and the fans ability to rally fast, and so have been put on their ass.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Terrifik

EmuWarsVeteran

I feel the salt overtaking me...it is a good pain.
kiwifarms.net
no, they will feign that the court screwed them and then move their mob onto the next person. Someone who has a lower profile and then work upwards.

This is their play, similar to a smart guy trying to get laid. Rather than going for a 10 straight up, they aim for a bunch of 3’s and then work upwards.

They underestimated Vic and the fans ability to rally fast, and so have been put on their ass.
Call me rainbows, but I'm still hoping they're stupid enough to follow that "broken staircase" list they made. You know, because Travis from Critical Role is in there. And if they think Vic's fans gave 'em hell... They got no fucking clue shat they're getting into with the CR fans, and specially Travis fans, that man is made out of pixie dust and happy thoughts, the fandom would go full "final solution" on their asses.

BillyGoat2

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Call me rainbows, but I'm still hoping they're stupid enough to follow that "broken staircase" list they made. You know, because Travis from Critical Role is in there. And if they think Vic's fans gave 'em hell... They got no fucking clue shat they're getting into with the CR fans, and specially Travis fans, that man is made out of pixie dust and happy thoughts, the fandom would go full "final solution" on their asses.
i'd love to see the fallout from that.

Then again, CR are pussies who apologized for playing a knockoff board game from wendies or some other fast food joint.

• Agree
Reactions: EmuWarsVeteran

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Call me rainbows, but I'm still hoping they're stupid enough to follow that "broken staircase" list they made. You know, because Travis from Critical Role is in there.
You are mistaken.
Travis Willingham is not on this list (I don't know why people just don't read the list to see if someone is on there or not):

Voice Actors on The Broken Staircase List:
Vic Mignogna
Chris Niosi (supported KickVic)
Todd Haberkorn
Tom Wayland
Neil Kaplan (supported KickVic).

That's it.

Ivan Shatov

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
kiwifarms.net
You are mistaken.
Travis Willingham is not on this list (I don't know why people just don't read the list to see if someone is on there or not):

Voice Actors on The Broken Staircase List:
Vic Mignogna
Chris Niosi (supported KickVic)
Todd Haberkorn
Tom Wayland
Neil Kaplan (supported KickVic).

That's it.
There needs to be a response document, a Shrieking Chorus, just listing the names and crimes of all the SJWs who went after Vic. That list needs to be circulated far and wide so people know not to buy anime they are involved in. I know most people would ignore it, but Funimation could not, if it's distributed the right way.

They use a program called MeltWater to track social media, when their voice actor's names pop up on Facebook / Twitter / forums, they know it and get reports on it. If a list was floating around, and if it was shared specifically in groups on Facebook then reshared on other forums using the link from Facebook, klaxons would start going off. They might actually be forced to find new talent.

Because Sony uses a different system called Veritone. It works mostly the same way, the difference is you can juke scores by keeping the conversation going over a sustained period, the longer the better. The reports they get from Veritone affect downstream distributor relationships, enough bad press about a certain title and it becomes harder to keep it on Netflix and other VOD platforms. I have some firsthand experience with this system, one of the features is the creation of something akin to actuarial tables that project the viewership of a title over time. At the very least, a continuous shitposting campaign across multiple platforms drives down negotiated margins on any titles where the entertainer's name appears (meaning the producer gets less money for the title.)

I have a couple virtual assistants in India, part of their job (unrelated to our work together) is just posting happy things about celebrities in the right places. They said what really screws with someone's reputation is when people call into radio shows to talk trash. There's another system called TV Eyes, it tracks broadcast shows word for word. They've explained the downstream affect to me a couple times, I barely understand the mechanics except it's bad, very bad for names to show up in their reports. Along with the transcript, they provide some metrics around the sentiment of the conversation. If someone's name is popping up on the radio in multiple languages, on different continents, and it's negative, that's like cancer to VOD distributors. They won't even talk to you.

It's been explained to me that Veritone and TV Eyes provide data that affects personalized recommendations in Netflix, Hulu and other platforms. Not suggesting anyone should do this, but a motivated group of individuals could actually end careers this way. The other thing that's been explained to me is when an entertainer's name appears frequently in conjunction with other very, very bad topics, like pedophelia, white slavery, anti-semetism, cannibalism, etc, these systems start to pick up on that as well. The bigger the platform, the greater the impact.

Fun stuff to think about. How's Vic doing these days?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Because Sony uses a different system called Veritone. It works mostly the same way, the difference is you can juke scores by keeping the conversation going over a sustained period, the longer the better. The reports they get from Veritone affect downstream distributor relationships, enough bad press about a certain title and it becomes harder to keep it on Netflix and other VOD platforms. I have some firsthand experience with this system, one of the features is the creation of something akin to actuarial tables that project the viewership of a title over time. At the very least, a continuous shitposting campaign across multiple platforms drives down negotiated margins on any titles where the entertainer's name appears (meaning the producer gets less money for the title.)
If this is the case you'd think Marchi, Rial, and Sabat are already fucked by the system. I wish they were. Or that shitposting "Chris Sabat is a Nazi pedo white slaver cannibal who eats babies" everywhere would actually be enough to destroy his career.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino