The NFL Thread -

WHo's going to win the Super Bowl this year?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
After getting torched in the game and made fun of on twitter, CLE Brown's safety (Whitehead) decided to sperg out and threaten to kill people:
He also doxed him. Lol. I’m archiving the tweet now

*Edit*
never mind, it’s the browns training center. He also apparently replied to messages from randos on Instagram. He’s not mad tho.

everyone’s shitting on him now, lol.

264E464F-CF44-44DF-A075-AA2C196D3149.jpeg
95DCA655-B559-4359-807C-F9BEB049B442.pngAD6799E3-8240-4DD8-BF00-E90A9F5A639D.jpeg

Last edited:

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am watching Dolphins v. Jets.

I am a moron.

edit: A sober moron, just so there's no confusion.

Just when you think the Jets can't get any worse, they do. Same old Jets.

Under the last two coaches the Jets at least made the playoffs the first year. At this rate the Jets will be lucky to win one more game this year.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
So...is the Tom Brady era finally over? (Sob.) Or is this a game like the 2014 one in Kansas City (which I thought was 2017, how time flies.) Remember that one, the one that presaged the end of all things Patriot?

Embarrassing MNF Blowout Loss to Chiefs Sounds Death Knell for Patriots Dynasty

The Baltimore Fat Bois on their D-line did NOT like no huddle, but, meh the Patriots had 'em by the balls but weren't squeezing. Belichek will have to do a seance with the ghost of Marv Levy on getting it to work better.

This is a Patriots team that could very easily lose three of its next four games. 😬

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

El Porko Fako

Jive Turkey
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I woke up this morning expecting to hear something about Gase being fired, but got nothing.

I know he's a first year coach with the Jets, but how do you embarrass yourself and your team that badly in this league and still have a job?

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
I woke up this morning expecting to hear something about Gase being fired, but got nothing.

I know he's a first year coach with the Jets, but how do you embarrass yourself and your team that badly in this league and still have a job?
Darnold is going backwards under his tutelage.

• Agree
Reactions: El Porko Fako

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
So...is the Tom Brady era finally over? (Sob.) Or is this a game like the 2014 one in Kansas City (which I thought was 2017, how time flies.) Remember that one, the one that presaged the end of all things Patriot?

Embarrassing MNF Blowout Loss to Chiefs Sounds Death Knell for Patriots Dynasty

The Baltimore Fat Bois on their D-line did NOT like no huddle, but, meh the Patriots had 'em by the balls but weren't squeezing. Belichek will have to do a seance with the ghost of Marv Levy on getting it to work better.

This is a Patriots team that could very easily lose three of its next four games. 😬
I wouldn't say that the Patriots dynasty is over or anything. They are still the front runners to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

HOWEVER, I had been saying all season that their schedule was ridiculously easy (the Bills were the only team they beat that had a winning record and the Bills are still suspect as to whether or not they really are that good) and their offense was struggling without Gronk. I knew that eventually this would catch up to them and they would lose because they did not look unbeatable to me. Sure enough, they finally played a legitimately solid team and got exposed a little bit.

Now its just a matter of how they respond to this. Good teams stumble from time to time and they have to bounce back and the Patriots have done it as much as anybody, so don't count them out yet.

BTW, I'm saying this as someone who fucking hates that team.

FadeIntoBolivian

kiwifarms.net
I will never understand how Philip Rivers has fans. It's a particularly strange brand of football hipster who hypes up the chargers every time they have a decent season as if they're ever going to do anything when the stakes are high. I did feel bad for them last year for being a wild card team at 12-4, but it's not like it would really have made a difference if they won the division. The only championship Rivers is winning is the having kids championship - 9 rings and counting, that's it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Elwood P. Dowd

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
OBJ confirmed for as cancer
FTFY. He was a cancer on the Giants. Like critics and fans say, learn how to catch a ball with both hands. Not the one hand bullshit.

I will never understand how Philip Rivers has fans. It's a particularly strange brand of football hipster who hypes up the chargers every time they have a decent season as if they're ever going to do anything when the stakes are high. I did feel bad for them last year for being a wild card team at 12-4, but it's not like it would really have made a difference if they won the division. The only championship Rivers is winning is the having kids championship - 9 rings and counting, that's it.
I often wonder how he would have done had the Giants kept him.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
I will never understand how Philip Rivers has fans. It's a particularly strange brand of football hipster who hypes up the chargers every time they have a decent season as if they're ever going to do anything when the stakes are high. I did feel bad for them last year for being a wild card team at 12-4, but it's not like it would really have made a difference if they won the division.

After that game last night either (a) refs and subsequent flagging are completely out of control or (b) the Raiders use rule breaking as a strategy for success and deserve what they get that way. I will say as a fan...as a form of entertainment it sucks balls. I could barely make it through the ten minute YouTube recap. I can't imagine watching that entire game, even if I cared about either team. How many INTs were called back due to penalties? Three? Four? 87? I lost count.

This penalties shit is rapidly becoming the NFL equivalent of MLB pitchers taking ten minutes between pitches.

The only championship Rivers is winning is the having kids championship - 9 rings and counting, that's it.
Ryan Fitzpatrick apparently has seven, so maybe Mrs. Rivers better get busy?

Consenticles

Only ask
kiwifarms.net
Wow can't believe it took this long for me to find the NFL thread. At the risk of powerleveling, I know people who are employed at the college level and they give me a lot of crazy stories from the recruiting side of the game. Will be happy to share a few!

Traditionally I don't follow one single team, but a variety of players that I latched onto from the college level. Something rewarding about seeing these dudes go from unknown recruits who had one or two d1 offers to NFL heavyweights.

Gardner Minshew isn't exactly fitting that mould, but the Uncle Rico vibes I get from him are enough to make me want to root for the kid. Qb situation should be really interesting for the jags going forward. I know Minshew didn't do great his last outing, but for a 6th rounder he looks better than a lot of the first and second round QBs coming into the league. Guy is going to either develop into a starter or he will go the Hoyer route and be a damn serviceable contingency plan for a new team every year.

Speaking of Hoyer, crazy to think he, Cousins, and Foles were all on the same college team at one point.

I'm a big fan of Cousins - he gets a lot of shit, is sort of the whipping boy for NFL in a way that Romo used to be. Can (probably) get a team to the playoffs, but getting a playoff win is a stretch. Like Romo, Cousins seems like a pretty good guy who doesn't try to step on anyone's toes.

Really surprised the Gase is doing this horrible with the Jets. Thought that the addition of Bell would give Darnold an option to dump broken plays off to. It's almost a no brainer. Bell's definitely not as good as we all thought during his time in Pittsburgh, but it's almost like the Jets are trying to figure out ways to underutilized him. Fun fact about Bell's recruiting: he wasn't on anyone's radar. He wasn't even the best back at MSU in his class. But they give him the rock 300+ times his junior year and while the offensive line in front of him is garbage, the dude racks up the most yards after contact in FBS. Also kind of crazy that he and Cousins were both on the same team in college.

Dalvin Cook is having a monster season. Will admit, did not believe any of the hype for him in college or the draft. Didn't even buy in his first few (injury prone) years in the NFL. But jesus that dude is solid.

I'm a little bit of an outlier concerning Baker Mayfield. Kind of think the dude is a little prick.

What are the chances Jim Harbaugh jumps back to the NFL after this season at umich? I just don't see him lasting there without a win against OSU.

Anyone else here watch the Lions? I don't like them. I don't really follow them either. But I do tune into every 4th quarter they play to observe the new ways they are finding to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I have never seen a team squander generational talent on a yearly basis like the Lions. Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Stafford, Suh. Even picks like Ebron that flourish once they escape the concrete jungle of Detroit.

Pretty disappointed in the PI replay rule. Seems like its al a farce to placate the fans and players. Like its impossible to overturn a call on the field. Never was one for fast offenses, but the review process slows the game down dramatically.

With the risk I'm sounding a bit sadististic, I love the violence of the NFL. It's a bit of a modern day blood sport. All these dudes know they are going to get CTE and fuck themselves over in the long run, but they still play. Something about the unpredictability and speed they play football at.

That being said, guys like Burfict are cancer to the sport. Back when Burfict was a high school recruit he played in California in the same division as Matt Barkley. Burfict's qb was Taylor Martinez, a future Nebraska star. Anyways, for a brief period of time both Barkey and Burfict were committed to the USC Trojans. Barkley, knowing Burfict's reputation as a hard hitter, expressed relief at not having to play against the guy anymore. It's even rumored Barkley committed to usc in December of 2008 because burfict had committed in February earlier that year. VB dove for his legs in a hs game and Barkley loathed the idea of playing against him. But VB flips to ASU last minute because he won't qualify at USC with his grades, and Barkley has to see him once a year in conference play.

Now I love a big collision and hit as much as anyone - but I want my favorite sport to stick around for at least 30 more years. Dirty plays accelerate the death of the game.

I'm of the strong opinion that football as we currently know it will be banned in my lifetime. That or it will be slowly changed into a different sport, one small modification at a time. Which is a shame really. These guys are well compensated and know what they are doing to themselves. A multi million dollar paycheck is pretty a pretty decent trade off if you love the game you are playing.

Sure, there should be a degree of research into injury prevention that we currently do not have. Sure, the NFL and team doctors should stop lying about the negative effects of the sport. But do any of the players really not understand the risks by the time they play in the big league?

When players first enter the NFL they go through a rookie bootcamp of sorts. Not with their team, but with other players, being mentored by retired players from the NFLPA. They spend a good week learning about their rights, how to protect their own interests, and about the risks involved in the game. All of these guys are well informed. I say let em play.

Just name a player and I'll ask around for some juicey stories about them if y'all want.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
It’s a sign of the apocalypse boys. The Dolphins are on a two game wining streak...

RatedTardSuperstar

I hate myself and I want to die.
kiwifarms.net
It’s a sign of the apocalypse boys. The Dolphins are on a two game wining streak...
Imagine trading yourself into an NBA-style tankfest and still fucking that up. Can't all be the Colts I guess. This is why the Pats keep getting bye weeks in the playoffs. Nobody else in the division can figure out their shit since the Rex Ryan Jets. Pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: Wooo and GnomeofDoc
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino