Sonic Movie Teaser/Trailer - It looks like how you would imagine it to look like

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Grumbo

Not that bad and then something..
kiwifarms.net
Still processing the whole thing so I'm gotta be a little scattershot here:

Holy shit, I dare say that it was actually good. Perfectly not-great-not-bad good. Fittingly, the film has got a quick pace. They nailed Sonic and Robotnik. Which I feel ya need to nail in a Sonic movie. Tom and Sonic's buddy coppery was fun. I'm totally down for a sequel.

Also, It's nice that the easter eggs remained tasteful throughout the movie.

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
They should have gone full r3tard like with the Mario movie. The fact that they didn't get Urkle to play Sonic is a crime against humanity. No CGI, no BS costume, just a jacked, angry naked black man in red sneakers and covered in blue paint, but with the voice of Sonic from that 90s cartoon (the one that he voiced).

Skronk

kiwifarms.net
They should have gone full r3tard like with the Mario movie. The fact that they didn't get Urkle to play Sonic is a crime against humanity. No CGI, no BS costume, just a jacked, angry naked black man in red sneakers and covered in blue paint, but with the voice of Sonic from that 90s cartoon (the one that he voiced).

The amount of effort that got put into the Mario movie would be unheard of today. As much of a mess that film is, the attention to detail, the set design and costumes especially, is full-on. Go autistic or go home.

Tryphaena

You too can find an axe and grind it
kiwifarms.net
I wanna see this. I'm thinking it'll be in the so bad it's good territory. Jim Carrey can at least be entertaining if nothing else. Definitely gonna wait a minute though to let the parents and their kids clear out though. It seemed weird at first but I think releasing it mid-week was a good idea. It gives all the Sonic autists/furries a chance to get in without concerned moms eyeballing them. They know their audience.

אΩ+1

The Aleph
kiwifarms.net
Funny you mention that. Weirdly enough, Birds of Prey fans were trying to flame the Sonic film before it even released, earlier this week.
View attachment 1143779
View attachment 1143780
View attachment 1143782View attachment 1143783

IMO releasing a kids film at this time of the year, especially on a weekday, is a very odd decision. The easter holidays seems like a better choice, but perhaps it reflects Paramount's confidence in the film's success.
Why do they think that this is a Zero Sum game?

• Agree
Reactions: Adamska

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
Funny you mention that. Weirdly enough, Birds of Prey fans were trying to flame the Sonic film before it even released, earlier this week.
View attachment 1143779
View attachment 1143780

IMO releasing a kids film at this time of the year, especially on a weekday, is a very odd decision. The easter holidays seems like a better choice, but perhaps it reflects Paramount's confidence in the film's success.
Okay, I'll bite: what possible "racist" or "homophobic" scenes could possibly exist in a film about Sonic? And secondly, how the fuck are you "safer" watching a completely different movie?

I think I'mma press X to Doubt on these comments, but if anyone who has seen the film can fill in the missing pieces on what the hell these idiots are rambling about, please do.

AllMightyCow

kiwifarms.net
I suppose it helps that it's one of the few times that directors actually listened to fans, so... yeah I'll probably go see it tomorrow or something.
Didn't SEGA and Yuji Naka himself hate the design and ordered them to fix it (IIRC)? Honestly nothing about the movie really screams Sonic. The design's still ugly and the CGI Sonic looks out of place when he's next to other characters. It's just a cheesey kids film 20 somethings will watch because "it's so bad it's good haha" and kids will see because there's Sonic in the title. They should've just redubbed and remastered the OVA and shown that in theaters, since kids like cartoons better anyway, and Sonic's always illustrated better in 2D (both in games and cartoons).

Pickle Dick

"I want my feet licked"
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1143779
View attachment 1143780

Barons' tweet is the most sane out of the rest of these tweets, and yet its still wrong; I mean yeah 2020 Sonic is different, because its made for a generation that is not your's.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
Let's get this out of the way, because I know this will be the biggest, most overblown reason people will cite for hating the movie: Sonic does the Dental Floss dance from Fortnite. Twice, in fact. The first time he dances for way longer than he needs to, which would have been bad enough, but then he does it again in the last scene of the movie. It was kind of distracting, but I give it a pass. The kid next to me who was wearing a Sonic onesie loved it, and who am I to ruin that kid's fun?
I'm seeing a lot of people offsite legitimately pissed off at this, and I'm confused at what they expected from what's very clearly a family movie aimed at the younger crowd.

AlmightyMagichan

kiwifarms.net
Movie was pretty good. Nothing really cringy except for some dancing scenes, the human characters were ok, Sonic and Eggman were on point and fun, and a couple easter eggs here and there for longtime fans. It's nothing amazing, but definitely not a train wreck by any means. I do hope they make a sequel.

And to no surprise there wasn't anything homophobic or racist. If anything those Twitter idiots should be happy that there was an interracial couple.

Tags
None