Bigot Brigade Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

No Ma'ams Land

Read Sutter Cane
kiwifarms.net
Lol absolutely not. There are multiple people in C-SPAM and D&D who are deluded enough to believe that the forums are not only a major influence on American politics, but also riddled with infiltrators attempting to sway people.
They might be right, but for all the wrong reasons. The forums spawned 4chan, and FYAD spawned weird twitter, which ultimately became unironic virtue signalling twitter, which then became the #resistance. The subgroups infest social media, and the real media reports on the garbage they respectively spew because the real media is absolute shit.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
In AD2020, war was beginning

View attachment 1099145
Unfortunately KF already won. Most of the funny SA posters migrated over here.

And of course the troons think KF hates them. No, no. I'd never forcibly anesthetize you and rearrange your genitals into a grotesque form that only Mary Shelley would appreciate. You do that yourselves. You pay money to do that. You hate yourself more than I ever could.

They might be right, but for all the wrong reasons. The forums spawned 4chan, and FYAD spawned weird twitter, which ultimately became unironic virtue signalling twitter, which then became the #resistance. The subgroups infest social media, and the real media reports on the garbage they respectively spew because the real media is absolute shit.
This is one of the hardest things for me to get a handle on - the influence of internet bullshit I mean. Not a single person I've ever met offline gives a solitary fuck about anything posted by leftist twitter accounts or /pol/ shit on 4chan, assuming they even know those things exist. I don't want to say that the internet matters less than people seem to think it does, because that feels wrong, but I also think "4CHAN ELECTED TRUMP!!!" or "CONTRAPOINTS IS CHANGING SOCIETY!!!" takes have nuclear levels of heat, so who knows/cares

My gut tells me it's unwarranted self-importance from people who do all of their socializing online, but again it seems exceptional to say that the internet broadly just doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure internet discourse impacts political discussion elsewhere. I just don't have any data to look at and I'm too lazy to invest in this particular subject matter

Either way if nobody seems to give a shit about that then there's zero chance anyone thinks that the way you win America is to fight in the trenches of fucking C-SPAM like lol what the fuck

No Ma'ams Land

Read Sutter Cane
kiwifarms.net
This is one of the hardest things for me to get a handle on - the influence of internet bullshit I mean. Not a single person I've ever met offline gives a solitary fuck about anything posted by leftist twitter accounts or /pol/ shit on 4chan, assuming they even know those things exist. I don't want to say that the internet matters less than people seem to think it does, because that feels wrong, but I also think "4CHAN ELECTED TRUMP!!!" or "CONTRAPOINTS IS CHANGING SOCIETY!!!" takes have nuclear levels of heat, so who knows/cares

My gut tells me it's unwarranted self-importance from people who do all of their socializing online, but again it seems exceptional to say that the internet broadly just doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure internet discourse impacts political discussion elsewhere. I just don't have any data to look at and I'm too lazy to invest in this particular subject matter
To powerlevel a bit (hello former hell crew), the best example of this was by following the gamergate saga. In real time, you got to see mindless social media slapfights gain traction, first through second-rate bullshit news sites, then fringe sites like Breitbart, then eventually to CNN, MSNBC, NPR... the scourge of white gaming men! Then vile white gamers were lumped into deplorables, and Hillary got a Pepe call-out during a rally, and then the entire gamergate world was tied into alt-right twitter, and 4chan shitposters. It only spread further from there. Like a memed-out whore of a media brush fire.

Your friends may not know what the hells going on with the internet, but I bet they know what Pepe is by now. Or the white power hand sign.

Last edited:
To powerlevel a bit (hello former hell crew), the best example of this was by following the gamergate saga. In real time, you got to see mindless social media slapfights gain traction, first through second-rate bullshit news sites, then fringe sites like Breitbart, then eventually to CNN, MSNBC, NPR... the scourge of white gaming men! Then vile white gamers were lumped into deplorables, and Hillary got a Pepe call-out during a rally, and then the entire gamergate world was tied into alt-right twitter, and 4chan shitposters. It only spread further from there. Like a memed-out whore of a media brush fire.
Fair, and you're probably more qualified to talk about it than I am because I have zero qualifications. My reading on gamergate and related bullshit is that it feeds/fed into the narrative already getting clicks and adbuys - white guys are the worst, and have been throwing a temper tantrum for the better part of a decade. Shit like the Ghostbusters remake attempting to brand itself as a feminist commentary or whatever, that's what I'm deeply suspicious of - it's a product to be consumed so the studio makes money. If the movie sucks (and it did), you'd salvage that by drumming up any dosh you could in whatever way you could. gamergate you had two interests if you're a journo: you could get free clicks by attacking an entire industry's consumer base, and you got to espouse the nobility of journalism in any field (they're under attack, you see, by the angry white men, and oh won't someone think of the trans "journalists" on Kotaku as well, what trying times for these brave souls). That's just easy money.

I'm still deeply suspect of the real-world impact of SA in any fashion. D&D is basically a terminally long awkward Thanksgiving with your politically motivated relatives - lots of SICK BURNS and passive aggressive bullshit, some shouting, absolutely nothing of value said so safely discard it. C-SPAM is somehow the exceptional little brother of a exceptional little subforum, so its relevance has to be even more diminished. Even if you want to credit SA for lefty twitter and /pol/, the forum right now has to have close to zero political influence, which makes the Metal Gear Solid: Nazi Spy Infiltration Action saga even more hilariously stupid

Hell Yeah

kiwifarms.net

Either way if nobody seems to give a shit about that then there's zero chance anyone thinks that the way you win America is to fight in the trenches of fucking C-SPAM like lol what the fuck
Your second paragraph is correct. They're too stupid to realize they've put themselves into containment zones, while hoping to matter somehow indirectly.

Mostly I just miss the informative subforums, but these days you can't even post about football without every other comment being some lazy woke-ism about Kaepernick or whatever.

Your second paragraph is correct. They're too stupid to realize they've put themselves into containment zones, while hoping to matter somehow indirectly.

Mostly I just miss the informative subforums, but these days you can't even post about football without every other comment being some lazy woke-ism about Kaepernick or whatever.
All of my effortposting can be summarized neatly by that point. I used to like going to SA to talk about video games, post pictures of dogs, play eliminator in TFF, and shitpost. I haven't done any of that shit recently because I'd have to read through pages of bullshit about idpol and/or carefully craft a post that wouldn't trigger any idpol discussion, which on current SA seems fucking impossible. So I just don't post, and increasingly don't even visit the site

edit: really I should have seen this coming when that insufferably performative movie review crew was on the front page all the time, Current Releases I think? I remember reading a few of those and having the same experience I had during this last month, where I was asking myself "am I just losing my shit or does this make absolutely no sense"

Manah

...Did someone say "weeaboo"?
kiwifarms.net
He has to beg his dad for a (overpaid) job and even then he complains. He'd be kicked out of any professional organization in a heartbeat.
I mean if his father was the head of a fortune 500 company or a dictator of a banana republic or something he'd probably be the exact same.

Oh Long Johnson

Wuhan-chan ain't nothin' to fuck with
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And just like that, the "r-word" (LOL) disappears from the smilies list:
View attachment 1099591
Another victory in the march towards Progress!

Might be time to start saving View attachment 1099596 and the like, because theyare as good as gone now.
I just looked over there to fill in a joke I wanted to make and they already removed the cum spurting dick smilie. All that's left is the twitching one and this one:
emot-ccb.gif

• Lunacy
Reactions: Doctor Doom

mad_kiwi

kiwifarms.net
people still on SA are living examples of sunk cost fallacy - they think because they spent so much time on SA it must be valuable or relevant (beyond being a lolworthy human zoo)

zero brain content aggregators on facebook like boredpanda and upworthy have had more impact on the general public than SA has in its entire existence