• Yea

Votes: 413 84.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 77 15.7%

• Total voters

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't gotten that impression at all. Optimistic's message seems to pretty universally be "You're kidding yourself", not "Oh fuck you, you just made that shit up."
I also use it for, well, when a user is being overly optimistic, like when making predictions about the outcomes of certain events. From 'yeah, that's never going to happen' to 'that's a preferred outcome, but I don't think it's likely'.

The only real confusion I get with ratings is that sometimes they're directed at the poster, and sometimes they're directed at the content the poster has reposted from elsewhere. Again, if they mattered, this would be an issue as some of the more informative, well-researched Kiwis would be getting negrates for exposing depravity, and often just photos of a lolcow. But again, ratings don't really matter so it's not a big deal.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
I think Like should be green and Dislike red.

(so it may be easier to tell them apart)
We changed the colours a little while back (but to blue and a distinct shade of red) so that they don't look the same. So it should be easier to tell them apart.

So this is the icon set:
1568580734038.png
So, if everyone's happy with these, I'll forward them to Null. Feel free to make some suggestions if you don't like them, I'll wait for some feedback in this thread before I send them.

E

ES 195

kiwifarms.net
We changed the colours a little while back (but to blue and a distinct shade of red) so that they don't look the same. So it should be easier to tell them apart.

So this is the icon set:
So, if everyone's happy with these, I'll forward them to Null. Feel free to make some suggestions if you don't like them, I'll wait for some feedback in this thread before I send them.
I've only got a couple minor gripes. Biggest one is that a lot of people don't recognize the scouter for powerleveling. Admittedly I'd prefer a redesign of it but that's more work. Also the DRINK! colour should be lightened to look like an actual martini or whatever (Maybe even add a toothpick+olive or something?).
The teeth on the deviant smile also meld into the gums and look really undefined.

Wish I could help instead of just critiquing but after moving away from the pixel icons there's not really much I can do.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Peace and Harmony

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the links on the "reactions received" page seem to be taking me to the OP of the thread rather than the post that got rated

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
I've only got a couple minor gripes. Biggest one is that a lot of people don't recognize the scouter for powerleveling. Admittedly I'd prefer a redesign of it but that's more work. Also the DRINK! colour should be lightened to look like an actual martini or whatever (Maybe even add a toothpick+olive or something?).
The teeth on the deviant smile also meld into the gums and look really undefined.
I lightened the Drink liquid and the teeth on the Deviant rating so they're better distinguished from the gums and lips:

1568786304968.png

When I was originally making the Drink icon I had a kiwi slice on the rim of the glass:

1568785824377.png

But I removed it for a couple of reasons; it threw off the overall detail of the icon because the glass and liquid had little detail comparatively, and because it meant that the centre of the icon was no longer directly down the middle of the glass (which looks bad when you line all the icons up).

For the scouter, personally I don't think it's hard to recognise. I've never watched an episode of Dragonball in my life but I recognise the scouter because of the internet meme.

So this should be it now, hopefully.

Dr W

God Has Cursed Me For My Hubris
kiwifarms.net
For some reason, when I go to "reactions received", I can't go to each post and see exactly how many reactions I've gotten. I used to be able to click on the words "your post" and jump right there, but I can't anymore.
Why is that? Is this a bug or the removal of a feature.

please guys internet points are very important and serious business.

The Ultimate Ramotith

You're all a bunch of slutty underage liars.
kiwifarms.net
When I first joined the Farms, I thought the DragonBall Z visor thing was actually a megaphone or a loudspeaker. That made sense because you are disturbing people around you by announcing embarrassing details of yourself.

Then again, the Horrifying icon still has the appearance of a dumbbell to me. (Is that supposed to be a bone?)

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I first joined the Farms, I thought the DragonBall Z visor thing was actually a megaphone or a loudspeaker. That made sense because you are disturbing people around you by announcing embarrassing details of yourself.

Then again, the Horrifying icon still has the appearance of a dumbbell to me. (Is that supposed to be a bone?)
Cock piercing

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
For some reason, when I go to "reactions received", I can't go to each post and see exactly how many reactions I've gotten. I used to be able to click on the words "your post" and jump right there, but I can't anymore.
Why is that? Is this a bug or the removal of a feature.

please guys internet points are very important and serious business.
I've been getting that too. I want to say it's a bug, but I also don't know for sure if that really is the case.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino