People who know their IQ -

ZenonPeep7777

Fuck ur bad vibes bro
kiwifarms.net
The only reason people like to claim or brag they have a high IQ is to make up their lack of uniqueness and self-esteem. If IQ truly mattered in life then we would make it compulsory, you can just as easily live without knowing your own IQ as you can without knowing.
To follow up on this I do know my IQ is somewhere around 121, but I generally don't think I'm exactly advantaged or disadvanteged by this.

• Feels
Reactions: Feline Supremacist

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
The only reason people like to claim or brag they have a high IQ is to make up their lack of uniqueness and self-esteem. If IQ truly mattered in life then we would make it compulsory, you can just as easily live without knowing your own IQ as you can without knowing.
IQ tests used to be common in hiring before they were outlawed for being racist.

• Informative
Reactions: Feline Supremacist

SojuDrnkr

Stays after last call.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever taken a legit IQ test. Those online ones are bullshit, i took one and got 140 (as high as ECW's Raven), which can't be right.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m sure I’ve read that IQ is only positively correlated with success up to about 120. That certainly tallies with my experience of people. I know a few people who are off the scale intelligent in some ways but struggle with life. And I know a few who are not as gifted but are very successful.
You’ve got to be smarter than the average bear but past a point, other things become useful as well for general life success. The ability to plan, to work hard and efficiently, to delay gratification, the ability to learn well from failure and to coexist with others (even if you don’t like ‘em.)

Really, what does it matter outside of certain circumstances? If you’ve had a head injury, it might be useful. If you’re being assessed for something, it might be useful.
Other than that? It’s a rough overall measure of general intelligence, but the only people who brag about it are pretty odd.

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
My IQ is 9.9x10^9999999999999, brainlets. Why yes, I do browse Reddit and watch Rick and Morty, why do you ask?

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
No matter what the IQ some people are just bad. If they're the kind that says "I have a high IQ so of course whatever thing I just claimed is a fact and I would never ever lie or make a mistake" then they're an asshole.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
I’m sure I’ve read that IQ is only positively correlated with success up to about 120. That certainly tallies with my experience of people. I know a few people who are off the scale intelligent in some ways but struggle with life. And I know a few who are not as gifted but are very successful.
You’ve got to be smarter than the average bear but past a point, other things become useful as well for general life success. The ability to plan, to work hard and efficiently, to delay gratification, the ability to learn well from failure and to coexist with others (even if you don’t like ‘em.)

Really, what does it matter outside of certain circumstances? If you’ve had a head injury, it might be useful. If you’re being assessed for something, it might be useful.
Other than that? It’s a rough overall measure of general intelligence, but the only people who brag about it are pretty odd.
High IQ doesn't necessarily correlate with successful life skills. I should know.

Sure Thing Idiot

kiwifarms.net
IQ tests don't really tell much about a person's capacity to learn or practice objective thinking which is my biggest issue with them. Sure someone can be stupid but can they learn from it, can a narrow-minded person look at situation objectively, can the dumb person learn, can the narrow-minded person expand their tunnel vision. I did take an IQ test once. It was a long and boring process and the result was as I'd already figured - I'm a moron. Really though it's a very superficial way to judge intelligence because intelligence can't be determined by word and math great or visual and numerical pattern recognization. Doesn't matter if you're a stripper or work for nasa if you blow a tire on the highway and don't have a spare and wouldn't know how to change it anyway you're not very intelligent from a drivers objective perspective. The notion of intelligence and IQ being a real, measurable thing are just relative, subjective thoughts and ideas

Last edited:

salvuserit

eh shid n fard n da poopooro'
kiwifarms.net
I think people give the IQ test too much credit. In reality it is just judging how well a person can inherently recognize patters. While I believe this does have implications on learning, I think its just on the lower end that it really matters. Having an "average" score or higher means you are capable of learning new things.

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
People always obsess over numbers, about literally everything. MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Life is always a dick measuring contest.

• Agree
Reactions: Pissmaster

Fagatron

ArchFedora
kiwifarms.net
I took the MENSA IQ test a few years ago as a result of a bet made while drunk. I passed and am entitled to join, but I didn't.

It really doesn't mean much though, the two others who took it with me also passed. One works in retail and the other is an office minion.

If we were smart, we'd probably be making more money than we do.

lurk_moar

Wears a lab coat but curses like a sailor.
kiwifarms.net
My IQ is 115ish. I know how to study, pay attention in class, and take exams in order to get that high GPA.

My IQ is high enough to feel like I am surrounded by stupid people but low enough to feel like I belong in the sped room.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I'm the first person to bring this up, but don't different organizations have like completely different IQ tests? Has any group of people gotten together and paid out the ass to try 5-6 or the big ones and see how wildly different their ending IQ scores were between tests? I'm deeply mistrusting of IQ tests because as OP mentioned, it seems to be shitheads who act really smug about their score, so I wonder which ones could be considered reliable compared to the others.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FuckedUp

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
kiwifarms.net
IQ tests don't really tell much about a person's capacity to learn or practice objective thinking which is my biggest issue with them. Sure someone can be stupid but can they learn from it, can a narrow-minded person look at situation objectively, can the dumb person learn, can the narrow-minded person expand their tunnel vision. I did take an IQ test once. It was a long and boring process and the result was as I'd already figured - I'm a moron. Really though it's a very superficial way to judge intelligence because intelligence can't be determined by word and math great or visual and numerical pattern recognization. Doesn't matter if you're a stripper or work for nasa if you blow a tire on the highway and don't have a spare and wouldn't know how to change it anyway you're not very intelligent from a drivers objective perspective. The notion of intelligence and IQ being a real, measurable thing are just relative, subjective thoughts and ideas
For a moron, that was very intelligently written. Did your mom write this?

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I took an online IQ test and it told me that I have a 135 IQ. That means I could be a doctor, lawyer, or CEO if I really wanted to.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene

GrotesqueBushes

MEAT ROBOT
kiwifarms.net
I'd say you're half right here. IQ tests are supposed to give a general notion of how good a given person is at pattern recognition, problem solving, and how fast that person adapts to shifting scenarios. The tests can be 'cheated' on by trying to familiarize yourself with them beforehand, but in general they're good at measuring a set of specific traits which correlate to intelligence. You're right that it doesn't give you any other piece of information about the given person and you can be a very intelligent dumb nigga, but the original intention behind the IQ tests was to measure intelligence to verify if the army recruits will be smart and malleable enough to adopt and follow the bucket of rules that make for competent soldiers that don't require extra spending on body bags. It's just another sieve you go through to pick a good candidate - not fat, not dumb etc.

Robert Sanvagene

Pretend spergs are bullshit autists
kiwifarms.net
I know what my IQ is, or at least its range. I also know that it reduced by around 20 points from when I was a kid to what it is when it was last properly tested a few years back.

High IQ doesn't necessarily correlate with successful life skills. I should know.
There are plenty of folks out there with high IQs that do some really exceptional shit from time to time.

Tags
None