Masculinity and Femininity - You be gay if you wear Axe

i dont know. being muscle boy seems cool. but so does baking cookies.
Be muscle boy, bake protein cookies.

Being a little more serious - it's totally OK to have a mix of interests and not be interested in purely masculine or purely feminine things 100% of the time. You can enjoy shooting guns or fixing cars, and in your off-time doing something more traditionally feminine like sewing or cooking or whatever the fuck.

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]
You are correct in the understanding that masculine and feminine traits are inherently good and holy, regardless of the sex that displays them, but your comment on conservative 'Christians' is probably misguided. There are some self-proclaimed 'Christians' that do use that excerpt from the Holy Bible to engage in misogyny, but the main understanding of that excerpt is to form a basis for the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Submission is not an effeminate trait that is a curse. Those of us that choose to love Christ, choose of our own free will to submit ourselves to Him. The roles of master and servant are not two roles of unequal worth just because the servant chooses to submit. Hierarchies are celestial, and it is in the interest of the sanctity of marriage to have the husband as the head of the family unit. Having the husband as the head of the family unit is the method that has worked for millennia, and so it is not an attack on femininity to ask women to obey their husbands. Instead, it is a charge to them to engage in their God-given feminine nature in a way that will honor and preserve their family. Or, in the case of those that take vows of chastity, it is a charge to become ever more subservient to Jesus and His Will.

But I really must iterate, submission is not a curse. When expressed with true femininity, it is a blessing from God, and it is a reflection of a Heavenly hierarchy. Also, femininity and effeminacy are two different words with different connotations. The former is holy, while the later is diabolical.

N

NN 401

kiwifarms.net
You are correct in the understanding that masculine and feminine traits are inherently good and holy, regardless of the sex that displays them, but your comment on conservative 'Christians' is probably misguided. There are some self-proclaimed 'Christians' that do use that excerpt from the Holy Bible to engage in misogyny, but the main understanding of that excerpt is to form a basis for the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Submission is not an effeminate trait that is a curse. Those of us that choose to love Christ, choose of our own free will to submit ourselves to Him. The roles of master and servant are not two roles of unequal worth just because the servant chooses to submit. Hierarchies are celestial, and it is in the interest of the sanctity of marriage to have the husband as the head of the family unit. Having the husband as the head of the family unit is the method that has worked for millennia, and so it is not an attack on femininity to ask women to obey their husbands. Instead, it is a charge to them to engage in their God-given feminine nature in a way that will honor and preserve their family. Or, in the case of those that take vows of chastity, it is a charge to become ever more subservient to Jesus and His Will.

But I really must iterate, submission is not a curse. When expressed with true femininity, it is a blessing from God, and it is a reflection of a Heavenly hierarchy. Also, femininity and effeminacy are two different words with different connotations. The former is holy, while the later is diabolical.

Would you consider then that there are such things as effeminate women?

You said in another post that men do not deserve fear, only God.
Then by what metric do ordinary men deserve submission and obedience?

kiwifarms.net
[redacted]
A man and a woman are made one flesh by the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. They are two persons distinctly, but of one unit sacramentally. This is called the family unit. The submission of a wife to her husband is not a role of submission to an ordinary man, but to her husband that has been made one with her by the supernatural power of God. They have been sacramentally made by God to belong exclusively to each other. The hierarchy in marriage has been designed by God, and the divine design is that the husband shall be the head to which the wife shall submit to.

If a man or a woman does not want to take part in this design, then they are welcome to submit expressly and exclusively to God in their earthly life. Failure to engage in this celestial hierarchy is a failure to cultivate obedience to God, which indicates a lack of charity. Ordinary men do not deserve submission or obedience unless they have been given an office by God that charges them with that responsibility. The two main sacramental offices that I can think of at the moment that charge authoritative responsibility are of those in the Sacrament of Holy Orders and the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Priests—and the other members within the hierarchy of the Catholic Church—and husbands are given unique positions by God to lead men that have been given to their responsibility. There are also other hierarchies of responsibility that I cannot get too deeply into right now, such as those that are conferred at Baptism upon godparents, but the vast majority of men of an ordinary nature are not deserving of submission or obedience under any circumstances.

Also, yes, it is possible for women to be effeminate. Effeminacy is the vice of cowardice that opposes perseverance.

Ryszenska

playing minecraft on a cool 2012 summer night
kiwifarms.net
Call me old-fashioned, but I think that both masculinity and femininity can't be really changed.
It's a set of psycho-physical characteristics that are innate, and just influenced by the cultural standpoint.
My wife who is a feminist (one of the good ones though) could respond better than I do. Hell, I'll ask her.
This, there is a reason why there are similar gender roles all over the world. From Japan to the recently discovered Amazonian tribes. Sure there are some exceptions but they are just that, exceptions.

• Late
Reactions: Autumnal Equinox

spurger king

you tuched my chocolates
kiwifarms.net
If I had to distill masculinity down to one attribute, it'd be something like "mastery over the physical world". This attribute can take any number of forms, like programming computers or rebuilding engines or fighting wars. The other things that get associated with manliness like stoicism, toughness, even popularity with women, are secondary, but often a byproduct of being a successful manipulator of objects. Not trying to sound edgy here, but I also think that a key component of being a fully developed man is having a capacity for violence and the wisdom to use violence judiciously. The reason being that the world is often a cruel and dangerous place, especially for women and children.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
That actually reminds me of this one time back in high school, the boys and girls were all putting up signs poking fun at each other using sexist terms.

"Women should get back in the kitchen."

"Women are like elephants, nice to look at, but not something you want to keep."

"Men smell terrible and are blockheads" or something along those lines.

I think it might have been like a senior prank or something, but nobody was really bothered by it.
Its pretty interesting how feminists have made 0 effort to undo male stereotypes and continue to perpetuate them in their propaganda.

You see posters like: "Karen war drinking, Jim was drinking - Karen could not consent - Jim went to jail".

It's not surprising that you see stuff like this:

1574811242780.png

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Smug Douche
kiwifarms.net
Its pretty interesting how feminists have made 0 effort to undo male stereotypes and continue to perpetuate them in their propaganda.
Why would they want to? That's almost like expecting white supremacists to say they think minorities are valuable members of society.

Feminists like male stereotypes. They want men to stay in their little boxes so they can shout at them about how they need to step out of their boxes.

• Agree
Reactions: Calooby

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Vegan debate in a nutshell. World's strongest man "eats like a bull", ie grass and plants. Arnold was the epitome of masculine, yet is now 99% vegan and regrets his all-egg/meat diet.

This shit is never brought up outside sexual contexts, and then half the time it's mistaken for being dominant or submissive. You can be a dominant bottom woman with sidecut and tats on your tits and still be more masculine in a normal day situation where you wear heels and long dresses and make kissy faces at babies.

If it's online, it's in a sexual context. Whether it's masculine or feminine to change a diaper; who gives a shit. It's always a gateway to a sexual debate for people to either flaunt themselves in or get to be their sexist self in telling men to act a certain way.

The Code Of Law

kiwifarms.net
Vegan debate in a nutshell. World's strongest man "eats like a bull", ie grass and plants. Arnold was the epitome of masculine, yet is now 99% vegan and regrets his all-egg/meat diet.

This shit is never brought up outside sexual contexts, and then half the time it's mistaken for being dominant or submissive. You can be a dominant bottom woman with sidecut and tats on your tits and still be more masculine in a normal day situation where you wear heels and long dresses and make kissy faces at babies.

If it's online, it's in a sexual context. Whether it's masculine or feminine to change a diaper; who gives a shit. It's always a gateway to a sexual debate for people to either flaunt themselves in or get to be their sexist self in telling men to act a certain way.
What about the men who lost masculinity when they became teenagers?
some boys when hitting puberty lose masculinity.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino