Gun Control -

DirkBloodStormKing

Actual Lesbian Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright, here are my thoughts on gun control as a staunch leftist:

I fundamentally oppose gun control on principle not only because I strongly support the 2nd Ammendment, but because gun control has been used as a tool for oppression against marginalized groups such as black people and the working class/poor and gun control will be used as a tool for oppressing marginalized groups because that was what it was designed for.

TL;DR Gun control is something that clearly caters to the bourgeoisie and completely fucks over marginalized groups, hence why I am very much opposed to gun control as a staunch leftist.

Duke Nukem

Dimensional Merge Welcoming Party #1218C197
kiwifarms.net
Alright, here are my thoughts on gun control as a staunch leftist:

I fundamentally oppose gun control on principle not only because I strongly support the 2nd Ammendment, but because gun control has been used as a tool for oppression against marginalized groups such as black people and the working class/poor and gun control will be used as a tool for oppressing marginalized groups because that was what it was designed for.

TL;DR Gun control is something that clearly caters to the bourgeoisie and completely fucks over marginalized groups, hence why I am very much opposed to gun control as a staunch leftist.
Gun control is a racist, sexist, classist, and elitist ideology, and I love the delicious irony of people who claim to be against "isms" and "phobias" supporting that garbage. And thank you for being a reasonable leftist, I know there's not a lot of you left, and that's coming from a guy who escaped a leftist household.

The Shadow

Talk to the Hand
kiwifarms.net
The Biggest question is why are School/Mass Shootings happening more often now? It's only been in the past 30 years that these thing seem to be happening even with Gun laws in the US getting stricter.
And as I've pointed out before- semi-auto and other repeating types of weapons aren't new. The M1 Carbine is about 80 years old and examples of it probably went home with discharged troops in the 40's before they hit the surplus market in the 60's, to say nothing of other arms. UK and Commonwealth soldiers were trained to fire the Lee-Enfield rapidly enough that the Krauts thought they were machineguns at times. The Winchester 1873 could be continuously topped up by a skilled operator.

I do in part blame the Reagan administration for shuttering the loony bins. A lot of people that should be under 24-hour lock and key are out on the streets.

ulsterscotsman

᚛ᚂᚐᚋᚆ ᚇᚆᚓᚐᚏᚌ ᚐᚁᚒ᚜
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And as I've pointed out before- semi-auto and other repeating types of weapons aren't new. The M1 Carbine is about 80 years old and examples of it probably went home with discharged troops in the 40's before they hit the surplus market in the 60's, to say nothing of other arms. UK and Commonwealth soldiers were trained to fire the Lee-Enfield rapidly enough that the Krauts thought they were machineguns at times. The Winchester 1873 could be continuously topped up by a skilled operator.

I do in part blame the Reagan administration for shuttering the loony bins. A lot of people that should be under 24-hour lock and key are out on the streets.
Not to mention that Actual fullauto Assault Rifles and Machine Guns were far easier to get pre 1986 in the US yet the upward trend in School/Mass Shootings didn't start until the mid 90's.

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
Alright, so I'm opposed to gun control, all for the 2A, but I'm open to some things. What we have right now looks good, but there are indeed some holes, so patching those up might make a difference. For example, adjusting the minimum age to 21 might stop some idiot 18 year old (like Cruz) from buying one, but maybe make an exception if you're hunting or something. Will it be effective? Who knows.

These Parkland students who are calling for a full auto assault ban clearly don't know what they're talking about. Sure, some shootings MAY have been down, but there were plenty of smaller mass shootings, not necessarily in schools, about the same level we see today. I think the trend really started to pick up with Columbine, which happened during the Clinton-era assault rifle ban, so that shows that these bans do nothing. I could go on forever naming places where gun control has failed massively, but I won't go there now.

The Shadow

Talk to the Hand
kiwifarms.net
Alright, so I'm opposed to gun control, all for the 2A, but I'm open to some things. What we have right now looks good, but there are indeed some holes, so patching those up might make a difference. For example, adjusting the minimum age to 21 might stop some idiot 18 year old (like Cruz) from buying one, but maybe make an exception if you're hunting or something. Will it be effective? Who knows.

These Parkland students who are calling for a full auto assault ban clearly don't know what they're talking about. Sure, some shootings MAY have been down, but there were plenty of smaller mass shootings, not necessarily in schools, about the same level we see today. I think the trend really started to pick up with Columbine, which happened during the Clinton-era assault rifle ban, so that shows that these bans do nothing. I could go on forever naming places where gun control has failed massively, but I won't go there now.
Yeah, I immediately shut off someone's argument if they mention "automatic weapons". Those are already strictly regulated under the NFA, and legally obtained NFA items have been used in all of 3 crimes since its passing in 1934. Finding someone in favor of extreme gun control measures that actually knows the laws on the books is like finding a grain of rice in a snowstorm.

DrunkJoe

kiwifarms.net
I find it out right fucking idiotic that minorities of all people will parot the regressive lefts view of gun control. Just like the war on drugs, who is in jail in larger numbers? Whitey? Fuck no. Stricter gun laws are just used to railroad minorities than to actually prevent crime. Gun control was created to help oppress minorities in the first place by the KKK aligned Democrats of the South. I am for stricter punishments for criminals who use a gun in a crime or are in possession of a throw away gun.

SHITTAHS CLOGGED!

Condol Reg
kiwifarms.net
The idea that 2A is supposed to protect us from tyrannical government is laughable to me because the Patriot Act has been around for 15 years, the War on Drugs raging for decades, the NSA built a blatant domestic surveillance center in Utah and gun owners haven't done anything about any of it. None of those "well-regulated militias" have materialized. What has materialized are plenty of violent dindus and crazed madmen like Paddock. It just seems like the average American got the short end of this deal.

Obviously we can't get rid of the guns themselves, but we can, for instance, crack down on negligent parents who leave their guns within reach of their idiot children. If your gun safety is so lax that a literal child can beat it then you have no business with anything more dangerous than Nerf darts. Another issue we'll be seeing more of in the future as the Boomers age is that grandpa with the brain lesions decides he's a cowboy today. Florida already has problems with this and if you think old people with cars are scary, you haven't seen one with an old revolver.

timecop

kiwifarms.net
Another issue we'll be seeing more of in the future as the Boomers age is that grandpa with the brain lesions decides he's a cowboy today. Florida already has problems with this and if you think old people with cars are scary, you haven't seen one with an old revolver.
alright, i think i know where you're getting at.

Joan Nyan

有為能於久耶万 計不己衣天
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The idea that 2A is supposed to protect us from tyrannical government is laughable to me because the Patriot Act has been around for 15 years, the War on Drugs raging for decades, the NSA built a blatant domestic surveillance center in Utah and gun owners haven't done anything about any of it. None of those "well-regulated militias" have materialized.
Declaration of Independence said:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
Some plants are illegal and the government keeps track of who calls whom. King George dissolved state legislatures so he could write the laws himself and had armies walking the streets. People in civilized, first-world countries today are arrested for hate speech. Say what you will about the imperfections of our system, Americans are still freer than the majority of the rest of the world, and far freer than any country in which the conditions have led to a revolution. We're nowhere near needing a revolution even if we're a little less free than we were 20 years ago.

Jack Haywood

Interested in psychology, games and adventure
kiwifarms.net
This issue was already solved in Britain years ago, and 99% of the people had no problem with it whatsoever. As a Brit, I'm surprised you people in the USA even consider it a serious issue whether guns should or should not be given to any random moron who may or may not have anger issues and a persecution complex (as in when people across the pond go AH NEED MAH GUNS IN CASE GUBMINT TURNS AGAENST US!, as if the US Government would actually go that much off of the rails).

The Sourdough Region

Kick him in the penis
kiwifarms.net
This issue was already solved in Britain years ago, and 99% of the people had no problem with it whatsoever. As a Brit, I'm surprised you people in the USA even consider it a serious issue whether guns should or should not be given to any random moron who may or may not have anger issues and a persecution complex (as in when people across the pond go AH NEED MAH GUNS IN CASE GUBMINT TURNS AGAENST US!, as if the US Government would actually go that much off of the rails).
You can't apply the exact same solution you guys did to our situation, for a variety of reasons. We have many more guns in this country than the UK has ever had, and they won't magically disappear when/if they're banned. Right now, a complete ban would only create a completely unregulated underground market. In addition , we already have policies in place regarding who guns can be sold to, and they're effective when they're actually enforced.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
It's almost like we believe in the rights of citizens and that they should only be removed with due process.

If someone is violent then due process will serve adequately to get them removed and put on the NICS. If they haven't done anything then there is no reason to deny them a right. You are just arbitrarily removing them because you don't like them or their group and that's what all of these bans end up doing. Always.

By the way, how's it going with the banning of hate speech in your country? I hear there's been a couple bumps in the road and only certain opinions are being punished and censored. That's a bummer. If only people had had the foresight to see that that was a likely outcome. If only a national group had been that prescient. Shame.

Kiwi FBI Liason

queen of kiwifarms – varg
kiwifarms.net
A 78 year old man was arrested this week in London for defending himself against a violent home invader. The police knew it was a high crime neighborhood and did nothing. You sure solved the problem, by shifting the burden of self protection onto a system that cares more about it's image as "supporting minorities" than protecting it's citizens.

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
Getting necrorated so here are my expanded thoughts. I'm really really sick of both sides over exaggerating what the other side wants. It's the reason nothing gets done. You can be pro second amendment and still think that we shouldn't just let any moron own a gun, like how most people feel about driving cars. I don't see a lot of people going "BAN ALL GUNS!!!" but whatever.

I want the right to keep a pink revolver in my purse dammit.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Getting necrorated so here are my expanded thoughts. I'm really really sick of both sides over exaggerating what the other side wants. It's the reason nothing gets done. You can be pro second amendment and still think that we shouldn't just let any moron own a gun, like how most people feel about driving cars. I don't see a lot of people going "BAN ALL GUNS!!!" but whatever.

This is actually the right thread to post general gun control sperging. Even though most people here (including me) just sperg out on the thread about every news story about some shooting.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net

You can thank the Left for that. Watch any interview at these events and a lot of the people there will say they want to ban all guns. Dianne Frankenstein admitted if she had the votes she'd have a mandatory turn in for "Mr. and Mrs. America".

So yeah, no dice. Not even an inch from me and a lot of people on my side. We've been burnt too many times with "compromise" when it's just us conceding our rights.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
You can thank the Left for that. Watch any interview at these events and a lot of the people there will say they want to ban all guns. Dianne Frankenstein admitted if she had the votes she'd have a mandatory turn in for "Mr. and Mrs. America".

So yeah, no dice. Not even an inch from me and a lot of people on my side. We've been burnt too many times with "compromise" when it's just us conceding our rights.
Gun nuts are sometimes their own worst enemies. Society is just so polarized these days.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino