Fast food glass mugs - Anyone remember these?

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
Different side of the country, so we call it Carl's Junior over here; but they never had that out here. I'd be all over that shit if I saw anything Anime/CLAMP related being marketed.
Yeah for some reason CJ/Hardees had some really weird collabs with anime/video games.

I remember back when Final Fantasy XIV's Stormblood expansion came out they replaced the normal large drinks with the posterboy for the expansion. Living in the East Coast sucks since those two fast food places are so far away from me.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Dorsia.Reservation

When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.
kiwifarms.net
We moved into a house on my husband's family farm and found a box of tard cum glass B.C comic Grog mugs.
Apparently Marathon gas station gave them away in the 70s.
They are kinda neat.

Fire-King-tard cum-Glass-Grog-Coffee-Mug-Cup.jpg

Syaoran Li

Remember Cardcaptors?
kiwifarms.net
Makes me feel happy to refer to the 2010s in retrospect.
Same here, although we aren't out of the woods just yet. We're still in the 2010's in all but name since the 2020's have just started. Hopefully, we'll see things go in a different direction after the 2020 Election is over.

About 6 years ago or so; AMPM (gas station in the USA for any non-yanks) was having a World of Warcraft thing and instead of their basic paper/styrofoam cups, you could get a plastic cup with WoW themes on them. One had Illidan, Arthas, Death Wing, and... ... ... I don't remember the fourth one; and not sure where my cups are to check.

And way back in the mid 90's, when Batman Forever was coming out; some organization out there had a set of 4 collectible mugs. That was a long time ago so I can't remember who was blessed with having the rights to sell them; but had all 4 of them at one time. The thing I remember is the Two-Face mug's handle was molded like it was a coin flipping through the air.

Different side of the country, so we call it Carl's Junior over here; but they never had that out here. I'd be all over that shit if I saw anything Anime/CLAMP related being marketed.
IIRC, the Cardcaptors promo was from 2000 or 2001, which was just before the Hardee's/Carl's Jr. merger, or at least before they became the exact same restaurant but with different names. I do know that for a few years after the big merge, Hardee's and Carl's Jr. had different menu items and were still different restaurants for all intents and purposes, it wouldn't be until around the mid-2000's they became exactly the same.

Anyone remember the original Hardee's Roast Beef sandwiches from the 90's and early 2000's? They were better than Arby's, so I was excited at first when they brought back the sandwiches for Summer 2019, but like most 2010's versions of older things, they were awful and didn't hold a candle to the originals.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember way back as a young kid owning a LOTR cup. IIRC, it was sold at Burger King and it would light up. Lost it some years later. And just to cheat a bit on this one, I remember having a McDonalds Hercules plate with Zeus on it. It suffered the same fate as the LOTR cup but I wouldn't be surprised since I remember part of that Zeus plate was chipped.

Back home, I do have some Carl's Jr. cups and some gas station cups that advertised some movies or games, one of which was Doom 2016 and the other some Star Trek movie.

TheGreatCitracett

Your American Boyfriend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not fast food, but I have one of these somewhere:
9287529207139dvne.jpeg
It's an old drink pitcher from an Exxon station and it says "put a tiger in your tank" in a bunch of random languages. Can't remember where I got it. Looks like there were matching glasses you could get too.

Dom Cruise

How to do it
kiwifarms.net
Yeah for some reason CJ/Hardees had some really weird collabs with anime/video games.

I remember back when Final Fantasy XIV's Stormblood expansion came out they replaced the normal large drinks with the posterboy for the expansion. Living in the East Coast sucks since those two fast food places are so far away from me.
What were some of the other CJ/Hardees promotions?

I remember way back as a young kid owning a LOTR cup. IIRC, it was sold at Burger King and it would light up. Lost it some years later. And just to cheat a bit on this one, I remember having a McDonalds Hercules plate with Zeus on it. It suffered the same fate as the LOTR cup but I wouldn't be surprised since I remember part of that Zeus plate was chipped.

Back home, I do have some Carl's Jr. cups and some gas station cups that advertised some movies or games, one of which was Doom 2016 and the other some Star Trek movie.
I still have two of those LOTR goblets, though sadly the things that made them light up has been lost.

• Feels
Reactions: c-no
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino