DarksydePhil / TheyCallMeDSP / Phil Burnell - General Discussion

What "new" thing is Phil putting out to beg for more money?

• New loveseat (even though he's totally broke ;) )

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Green screen

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • That old chair Frogga pointed out

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Gamer chair

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dusty ass jerseys

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Combination of 2 of the above

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gettingthatgrooveback

getting that vibe back
kiwifarms.net
In my opinion, Phil has adopted the persona of a public villain. He knows everyone either makes fun of him or hates him. It's only logical that he would treat everyone with disdain. That's why he's so comfortable at lying blatantly. What's the point of pretending anymore? He has stopped giving a fuck. He is completely unhinged.
Fucking give me your money you pathetic paypig wheelchairs.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Cute anime girl streamer than lets you pay to sexually harass her over chat while playing Minecraft" sounds like something that would appeal to the unironic Phil fan immensely. Enough to draw them off DSP entirely. So it seems like a reality that could impact Phil.
Remember, Phil is not the only sex-shy person to the extent of actually choosing to avoid it in his media. They probably don't even consider it an option because they're too bashful even to pay money to hit on a woman that doesn't even exist.

Leon Breitling

kiwifarms.net
In my opinion, Phil has adopted the persona of a public villain. He knows everyone either makes fun of him or hates him. It's only logical that he would treat everyone with disdain. That's why he's so comfortable at lying blatantly. What's the point of pretending anymore? He has stopped giving a fuck.
I don't know if you could call it a persona, he just seems like an asshole. The kind of asshole who is all talk, no walk.

Tatu Carreta2

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, noticeably so.

I guess that's what possibly not reaching an arbitrary $200-per-day goal for the 6th day in a row does to a beggar.

-EDIT- Classic end-of-stream guilt-tripping:

View attachment 1688176

Why do you allow this sad, degrading shit on your platform, Twitch? Don't you have any self-respect?
Twitch is a shit company,like everything related to gaming its populated by immature autistic manchilds and those kind of people are not known for being professional so Phil will never get banned as long as some autist working there wants him on twitch(like with Hassan).

Also you have to consider that while Phil is terrible 90% of streamers are just as autistic and immature manchilds who are lolcows on on their own right, but not to the point of deserving a thread.

On top of that add to it that twitch users are subhumans that consume content made by these tards and consider them entreteaining,all the while spamming Gachibass Kekw Hypers and other dumb emotes in a chat no one reads. Is every streamers terrible? No,some are fine IMO because they are not cringe and they are good at the game and funny,but most twitch streamers are cringe(not as much as Phil though) so don't believe Phil is soiling twitch pristine reputation. For example here in Argentina there is a very famous streamer called coscu who has a small thread here,if he was an english speaker he would be a lolcow since he is a screaming autistic manchild SJW that streams while high on drugs and jacked off on stream intentionally but he is not banned and he is famous because argentinians are subhuman.

My point is that twitch is a shit company just like most streamers and twitch users.

yoshitsune

Genpei cowboy
kiwifarms.net
I'm being bombarded with a lot of Hololive streamers of late. There's like ten of them, they seem to be constantly streaming, and they pull in the trifecta of weebs, virgins, and whales. I know its a vast internet, and Phil has a different appeal (the scum at the bottom of the barrel), but I wonder if they're eating into his pennies? One of them has already broken a million in Superchats, I read.

We always point out that titty streamers will give you something more for your buck than Phil ever will, and giving $100 to one of them gets you an acknowledgement and an avatar horrifically winking at you rather than, "Why didn't you tip 200, you moron?"

"Cute anime girl streamer than lets you pay to sexually harass her over chat while playing Minecraft" sounds like something that would appeal to the unironic Phil fan immensely. Enough to draw them off DSP entirely. So it seems like a reality that could impact Phil.
VTubers are now detractor content. Not only did our fellow detractor LyteSydeBill become one recently, he also probably used his psychopath powers Phil recently said detractors have to indoctrinate Hololive VTubers Gura and Calliope into capturing a Piglin in Minecraft and calling him Phil... after Dave. Nobody's gonna get this reference, right?
This is of course horrible slander, those corporate shills (they work for Cover Corp btw) are running our boy's name through the mud and he can't afford to sue their boss whose name is YOGHURT or something like that. That is, unless you contribute. He needs you to step it up with the donations, tipping would be...

gettingthatgrooveback

getting that vibe back
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if you could call it a persona, he just seems like an asshole. The kind of asshole who is all talk, no walk.
Actually, you're right. It's not a persona; it's his identity. What else would his identity be?
In the past, his identity was 'gamer'. He was a professional gamer. He saw himself as an authority in gaming. He bought a ridiculous amount gaming-related shit. But now he hates videogames. What would he turn to now? He's not a family man, he's not religious, he's not a patriot, he's not interested in politics or sports. He doesn't care about anything. Now, he is the 'underdog' who is looked down by everyone. He gets his comeuppance by grifting thousands of dollars from idiots. His acceptance of this role is demonstrated by his deranged begging.

In my opinion, Phil has adopted the persona of a public villain. He knows everyone either makes fun of him or hates him. It's only logical that he would treat everyone with disdain. That's why he's so comfortable at lying blatantly. What's the point of pretending anymore? He has stopped giving a fuck. He is completely unhinged.
Phil embracing this and booting up the stream to completely abuse his paypigs would actually be compelling, in a way. We know he hates them, and probably himself, but imagine if he threw decorum out the window and decided to openly trash his audience. Unfortunately he is such a pussy that we'll likely be deprived of this until he decides to shut down his stream for the final time and chews out his last remaining fans (my money is on Derich and OiC) as a miserable 40-something ghoul.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Though, my favorite part of today's stream was him telling how his wife bought him a new shirt:

It doesn't get any more special than this, does it? Like... how completely out of touch with reality do you have to be blatantly tell the internet your wife spent money on a completely unnecessary product while you've literally been demanding money from viewers for the past couple of hours to support your hermit lifestyle?

"Wow, you guys, the streams have been REALLY slow these past days, and I really need the tips right now. Oh by the way, my wife *points thumb a the door* bought me this t-shirt of a wrestler. Do you like it?

darkwingosonichugorl

Let me tell you the potential of my balls.
kiwifarms.net
Phil's been playing a wrestling heel for years. A really lame one with the worst gimmick ever "The King of Hate". And then it became his entire life.

Proper Pangolin

Khantent Recycler
kiwifarms.net
Though, my favorite part of today's stream was him telling how his wife bought him a new shirt:

View attachment 1688481

It doesn't get any more special than this, does it? Like... how completely out of touch with reality do you have to be blatantly tell the internet your wife spent money on a completely unnecessary product while you've literally been demanding money from viewers for the past couple of hours to support your hermit lifestyle?

"Wow, you guys, the streams have been REALLY slow these past days, and I really need the tips right now. Oh by the way, my wife *points thumb a the door* bought me this t-shirt of a wrestler. Do you like it?
A few things about this clip stick out to me. First he claims that he never watched WWE during the Attitude Era, but he mention Stone Cold so we don't pull up the picture of him in DX shirts, and how did Kat her this conversation between Phil and his Chat was she lurking in his stream? Was she cleaning up after him in the hallway? Or is he so loud she can hear everything from her "Office/Stable"?

gettingthatgrooveback

getting that vibe back
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1688481

They must have some kind of arrangement in which only Phil pays for the bills and groceries. Even if it's implicit. It must fill DSP's ego to be the 'breadwinner' of the 'family'.

And we must be aware of this arrangement and we must believe it's normal. That's why Phil is OK with disclosing this information. Kat's money is hers and she gets to do whatever she wants with it. Don't ask questions. Sound good?

Vic Viper T301

Don't worry! History's on my side.
kiwifarms.net
What kind of moron schedules two slow, boring kids games on the same day? Pokemon and Animal Crossing are two of the worst playthroughs he has ever done, no joke. In Pokemon he uses one overpowered Pokemon for literally every battle. There is zero challenge, effort, or strategy. He has no reason to ever swap it out because it's 20 levels higher than anything the AI is going to use, and it's Dragon type. It's just him using one Pokemon and one move over and over and for hours and wondering why his chat is complaining and the tips are low. And Animal Crossing is even more of a no challenge game intended for 10 year old girls and manchild faggots who buy every Nintendo first party game even if it's total garbage. Wait a second, that description reminds me of someone...

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
What kind of moron schedules two slow, boring kids games on the same day? Pokemon and Animal Crossing are two of the worst playthroughs he has ever done, no joke. In Pokemon he uses one overpowered Pokemon for literally every battle. There is zero challenge, effort, or strategy. He has no reason to ever swap it out because it's 20 levels higher than anything the AI is going to use, and it's Dragon type. It's just him using one Pokemon and one move over and over and for hours and wondering why his chat is complaining and the tips are low. And Animal Crossing is even more of a no challenge game intended for 10 year old girls and manchild faggots who buy every Nintendo first party game even if it's total garbage. Wait a second, that description reminds me of someone...

his schtick used to be completing the pokedex, which ppl in his chat helped him with, and he takes full credit for it

Vic Viper T301

Don't worry! History's on my side.
kiwifarms.net
I'm really bored so I was skipping through Phil's Pokemon stream from earlier today to prove my statement just above and, shockingly, Phil actually swapped out the level 95 Haxzor he has been using for every battle. He replaced it with a different Dragon type that he used on every battle, but at least it is closer in level to what the AI is using. Baby steps I guess. But I also found a little golddust clip where he claims Genshin Impact's developers actually datamined and stole animations from Breath of the Wild. Just another example of Phil being a smoothbrain who believes everything he reads on Twitter.
(2:27:23 if the timestamp doesn't work)

Cistern Rumbler

Pig Huntin' Man
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1688481

To add to that; so Kat can buy dumb shirts she sees at work but she can't do the grocery shopping (y'know, essential purchases) while she's at work? Seems legit.