Can we get a section for the Opie and Anthony community refugees? - A community so dedicated to aspergery, we got Reddit to change its ToS

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
Unless Knickers and resident colored thot Bams_Seed come back I rescind my support.

At least we will always have the good ol days.

O&A Thread Simulators:

• Feels
Reactions: Chive Turkey

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
"like literally everyone else on the site" oh, you mean a great guy like you? I told you to stop being pretentious and you couldn't help yourself. I hope we get our own forum here and a free car, just to hurt your feelings and keep you in a permanent state of PMS. "the dignity of muh forums" lol
I'm going to try and be sincere here - Kiwifarms isn't reddit, it's a much less casual and more civil discussion place. The reason people are suggesting you stand out is because of your frankly unnecessary aggression. If you read any threads here you'll notice that they frequently remain on topic and that's the goal - a solid signal to noise ratio.

Shit like -
I'll take your advice once you take mine: suck my dick and you'll see what my balls have to offer.
You're gay just like me, gay sci-fi author Patrick S. Tomlinson.
I, Patrick S. Tomlinson, @stealthygeek on Twitter, am a gay child, child.
Yeah man, 1,000 or so members ain't posting cuz their shit gets deleted by KF mods cuz they're gay because all you niggas is restrictive is shit... but let's base our opinion on them based on our rubric!

Seriously, stuff a dick down your throat and drink Jew cum, you worthless pleb. How's that for antagonostic, modboy? Huh? Delete my posts, Mr. Freedumb of Speech?

Thanks for the video of My Hero shooting up a Mosque in NZ, but for not much else, bitch.
Is worthless. We don't even know who Patrick S. Tomlinson is because there isn't a thread (I know @Caverlock is working on it) so you're just making weird and obscure references to a literal no-one constantly.

You're yelling at @Autisimodo about deleting posts when
A) He's just giving you advice.
B) He cannot delete posts.

You should probably read the thread (and maybe a few other threads) to get a handle on the vibe here, because it seems like you don't quite have it yet.

The fact that you literally have a dead cow among the group of people you claim to be entertaining makes me question whether or not that you're group of people would fit in here.
Two dead cows, wackbag.com owner and former executive producer Steve Carlesi (sp?) did a flip a few years back.

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
If maintaining such a specific Reddit culture is so important to them, they should bite the bullet and make a shitty WordPress forum.
This was actually attempted at least twice, possibly 3 times. Each time it imploded within a couple of weeks due to either admins spazzing out or users doing the one or two things that were prohibited, at one point I believe someone was posting CP in the chat. This would have been around the time the sub was finally banned and everyone knew it was coming.

The reality is that most users are fine and exclusively want to shitpost or quote the show. There are a few who actively want to destroy the place for fun, and there is a small and dedicated group who a-log some of the targets weirdly hard.

The sub was banned because it was always destined to be banned and everyone thought it was funny. The only content that COULD be produced was fucking with people IRL, without it the whole O&A extended universe is shockingly boring.

The sub fell in love with its own notoriety, like the Pests when the show was on. We all liked the idea that the comics were secretly checking the place (some actually were) and that we were the worst sub remaining on Reddit.

Just watch Revenge of the Cis to get a good visual representation of what the sub userbase was and the same gay "don't fuck with us" car crash sound effect attitude.

stinknigger 69:420

kiwifarms.net
You should probably read the thread (and maybe a few other threads) to get a handle on the vibe here, because it seems like you don't quite have it yet.
YOU should be the one to try and improve your reading comprehension. I'll repeat myself YET AGAIN: I know what this place is, I know what people are saying, I just don't give a shit about you being gay and having gay standards.

My name is Patrick S. Tomlinson and I abandoned my daughter.

Diabeetus

"C'mon, get happy! Laugh all your cares away!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just watch Revenge of the Cis to get a good visual representation of what the sub userbase was and the same gay "don't fuck with us" car crash sound effect attitude.
If the O&A fanbase fucked with comedians in the same way Mersh is trolled into crying his eyes out at every piece of mild criticism towards him, maybe they aren't that bad.

• Feels
Reactions: supremeautismo

MakeItRain

taste the waste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stink nigger's putting off some serious Donny Long/Eddie Dzial vibes. I change my mind about having them here, psychotic edgelord boomers already almost got the forums shut down once before.

Reactions: Coleman Francis

Rausch

kiwifarms.net
Was an O&A fan for years but tuned it out soon after trying to listen to Jim and Sam. Sniffed around a bit again when I heard about Greggshells but tuned it out again soon after because at that point what more was there to say about Opie? Still occasionally listen to old clips on Youtube (Ant's impressions are great) and the community has done some very funny shit well documented by the Porsalin and Beige Frequency videos, but it was mostly the active, organised trolling that was funny to me and there is loads of hardline A-logging too. Doesn't really seem to be a Kiwifarms-type community. Perhaps they should try Niggermania as their new base? I know Ant was a fan of that place; it's what he'd have wanted.

2020Suicide

kiwifarms.net
Their rise and fall is a great example of how not to run a business, and why chasing ratings can ultimately kill your brand.

WNEW's ratings were all over the place (mostly low, it was trying to break into a market with a lot of longstanding shows), and Opie and Anthony was its biggest show (disproportionately so). The problem was how they got to be the biggest show: by being willing to cross every single line they could. As a long-time fan of edgy comedy, I can respect that. As a radio show, however, this was basically suicide, and everyone knew it except O&A's fanbase.

Now... About that fanbase. O&A's at best were indifferent to other shows and at worst flat-out hated every other show that wasn't O&A. O&A themselves were just as bad in this regard, basically shit-talking most of the other shows on the network. This made cross-promotion basically impossible for WNEW, and would inevitably lead to the death of the network. In early 2002, Opie and Anthony aggressively started shit with the Don and Mike show.

For the uninitiated, Don and Mike were a pair of industry veterans, and while they were doing abysmal in NY (fucking all of WNEW's lineup was), they were a juggernaut elsewhere (especially in DC, where they had managed to compete with Rush and win). The two were competitors for the same demographic; whereas O&A was more about the shock humor, Don and Mike were more conventional humor. For reasons I still haven't been able to fully understand, O&A took issue with Don and Mike and spent nearly 3 days of time bitching about them on air. In response, Don finally lost his shit and delivered a lengthy, insult-laden rant, and this led to both shows being suspended. However, while WNEW suspended both shows initally, O&A was allowed back on the air after only a few days - despite causing the entire incident - because WNEW was dead in the water without it. Don and Mike, meanwhile, never returned. They were still contracted, just not on the air in NY, and old episodes ran in their slot. This did not endear O&A to Don and Mike's fans and naturally, they tuned out. WNEW's already bad overall ratings got worse because as bad as Don and Mike's ratings were in NY, it was still WNEW's second-biggest show.

Less than who months later, the Saint Patrick's Cathedral Incident I mentioned in my previous post happened. This was, in turn, less than two weeks after Opie and Anthony had just been fined tens of thousands of dollars for another incident. By now, the FCC was out for blood. Opie and Anthony had been fined dozens of times over a three year period, and the FCC hit WNEW with what was, at the time, one of the biggest fines they'd ever leveraged. Ever. On top of this, there was serious consideration being given by the FCC for pulling WNEW's license entirely, due to this one show.

Inevitably, the pair were inevitably taken off the air and WNEW tried hard to keep things going by basically giving Ron and Fez basically every single time slot freed up by the departure of the other shows. This was great if you were a fan of them (general consensus is that Ron and Fez were the best show on the network), but while they were the third-best show on WNEW at the time, the loss of Opie and Anthony's fanbase made the ratings crater. WNEW basically died at this point.
It took me until just now to realize one of my friends was neighbors with Mike, despite the apparently huge radio show and living in a one horse town like manassas in the early 2000s. We just knew him as "the neighbor who's restaurant we would drink at"

that should tell you how little being a king of radio matters in this day and age

Jaimas

Pre-Crisis Cinnamon Roll Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It took me until just now to realize one of my friends was neighbors with Mike, despite the apparently huge radio show and living in a one horse town like manassas in the early 2000s. We just knew him as "the neighbor who's restaurant we would drink at"

that should tell you how little being a king of radio matters in this day and age
Radio's still a thing, it's just moved on without the people in it, like every other form of media.

Talk radio is basically only a dinosaur format at this point. You have legacy shows like Rush that mostly exist because they're syndicated and everywhere nationally. Comedy shows basically no longer exist on the old networks because they became too risk-averse courtesy of people like the subject of this thread, so they mostly wound up on XM or Internet Radio, where they don't need to give a fuck about the FCC whining because they used a naughty word or two. Some shows have adapted but the majority of them havent and so we watch a bizarre transitory phase where the medium's evolving in real time.

Rekkington

kiwifarms.net
Radio's still a thing, it's just moved on without the people in it, like every other form of media.

Talk radio is basically only a dinosaur format at this point. You have legacy shows like Rush that mostly exist because they're syndicated and everywhere nationally. Comedy shows basically no longer exist on the old networks because they became too risk-averse courtesy of people like the subject of this thread, so they mostly wound up on XM or Internet Radio, where they don't need to give a fuck about the FCC whining because they used a naughty word or two. Some shows have adapted but the majority of them havent and so we watch a bizarre transitory phase where the medium's evolving in real time.
Yeah but The Bonfire on SXM still rules.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino