A Final Solution to the Wiki Question -

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I didn't mind the lolcow wiki - and since I'm up nights with nothing to do and a degree involving writing I'd be happy to help out.
I deal with technical writing. If you'd like, I can help you create templates so everything has a similar narrative feel to it.

I also have some code I've written that I use to rifle through code repos looking for things that are complex, complicated or referenced a lot - it code be modified to help you with posts possibly.

Reactions: SAVE TWINKIE!

Nanook Rubs It

The Naughty Eskimo
kiwifarms.net
Well shit, we need something to do besides tickling the giggle spoon to chinese cartoons all day every day. Eventually everything greta boring if you do it enough.
If you're bored and you give a shit, why don't you add information or help to organize current threads?

johnjohn99

Cumdog, A-town
kiwifarms.net
putting "Kiwi Farms poster, curator & writer" on a resumé or portfolio is gonna torpedo your job prospects LMAO
This is up there with thinking MMO raid leader/guild officer is valid experience for an office leadership position
Funnily enough, I was playing europa universalis 4 yesterday, and I looked up "eu4 resume" to find a fix for a bug, and one of the first results is a reddit post that has someone in the comments trying to say that world conquest in the game is something you could put on your resumé. I had a good laugh

About this highlighting system. I like the idea, but the posts that are highlighted just don't stand out enough for me to notice them sometimes. I don't really use forums other than this so maybe I'm just unfamiliar?

Failure_Personified

Shouldn't Be Trusted, Persian Descent
kiwifarms.net
I judt saw a post with 6 lates being a highlight. IMO Late should be excluded from the highlight weighing formula (making it weigh 0), because is just repeating something that was already known.
Could you link the post you are referring to?

I could see this being a good thing as while the "late" post might be covering something already stated, it might be doing it in a "complete" and easy to understand way. If it was highlighted I doubt the preceding similar posts were.

Julias_Seizure

Puts the rave in depraved
kiwifarms.net
Wait so what are reaction scores based off of now? I'm confused. Why the boost?
I think theyre just sorted as either just positive or negative and all count the same. Would make sense to make it so a winner rating counts for more than an agree and an agree more than a like towards getting them highlighted.

• Disagree
Reactions: zedkissed60

The proper channels

Don't let me catch you on
kiwifarms.net
Personally, not really caring for this. Its what the search function is for. Some exceptional individual pointing out the obvious shouldn't be a highlight.

ed, maybe using this as a bot to construct a timeline of best posts per page in a thread is alright. I still dont care for the green highlight though.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

H3LLH4MM3R666

kiwifarms.net
I've been gone for a few months so I apologize for not being up to speed- what happened to the lolcow wiki? I though it was a super-useful resource, at least for showing people that don't want to wade through this forum. Which is most people

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Wait so what are reaction scores based off of now? I'm confused. Why the boost?
Reaction scores were modified to make the aggregate score more accurate to what I want to see in a post in case I decide against the reaction count system in place now.

wabbits

kiwifarms.net
I've been gone for a few months so I apologize for not being up to speed- what happened to the lolcow wiki? I though it was a super-useful resource, at least for showing people that don't want to wade through this forum. Which is most people
It's in the OP of this thread.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
There is now a button alongside First Unread for Next Highlight that should take you to the next highlight on a future page. As for now, it only works on the first post of that page.

Edit: Try it out on the DSP thread. I'm pleased with the results.

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is now a button alongside First Unread for Next Highlight that should take you to the next highlight on a future page. As for now, it only works on the first post of that page.

Edit: Try it out on the DSP thread. I'm pleased with the results.
When I tried it the next highlight button was available until I got to the second last highlight on that DSP thread and then when I scrolled to the end I wasn't given the option to skip to the next highlight which was the current last highlight on that thread.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
When I tried it the next highlight button was available until I got to the second last highlight on that DSP thread and then when I scrolled to the end I wasn't given the option to skip to the next highlight which was the current last highlight on that thread.
It works until there are no more highlights on subsequent pages. If you're on page 16 out of 17 and that's where the last highlight is, that's where the button vanishes.

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It works until there are no more highlights on subsequent pages. If you're on page 16 out of 17 and that's where the last highlight is, that's where the button vanishes.
It was stopping at page 14 for me when I checked and there was no option to skip to the highlight on page 16. I went back and checked and it's working the whole way through for me now.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino