2020 U.S. Spedsidential Election - Biden wins!(?)

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Is Beanie Man right to think that Dems have blown their load prematurely with early voting and VBM?
I forget who said it, but Democrats always lead Early Voting because the places that even offer early voting tend to be big cities.

Hell, New York State is even offering early voting for the presidential election for the first time this year.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait when was it together?

Biden's campaign has been janky since the start, he was snapping at event attendees, rushing off the stage, and hiding in small rally events even before Covid. But he's noticeably declined even since January, and now it's just pathetic.

I went looking through the thread from back when we were discussing it, found one of my posts from when Biden said he's going to die in office, and, uh...

He's been scaring supporters away since his first campaign event. If the media was merely showing all his events in full, instead of furiously curating and obfuscating everything they can, he would've been laughed out of the race by now.

Out of morbid curiosity, I kind of want to see Biden vs Trump in the general. It would be laughable. The danger is I think the media is in the bag against Trump hard enough that they can hide his defects enough for the average uninformed voter to hold their nose and vote Generic Democrat. Tech giants are ready and willing to assist them this time around, no more repeating the "dangerous mistakes" of 2016.

Guys I think I jinxed the entire damn country. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Is Beanie Man right to think that Dems have blown their load prematurely with early voting and VBM?
I'm not going to say that Trump has it in the bag, but it's bad news for the Dems if early voting isn't overwhelmingly in their favor. Big cities tend to be the ones that vote early and Dems always have that advantage.

Still, my doomer side tells me to not get completely optimistic and prepare for the worst.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Something I just thought of (maybe I'm late to the party).

Las Vegas needs tourism to survive. I don't think that's a controversal statement.

I wonder if Trump promising to open everything up again and Biden threatening lockdowns pretty much seals Nevada for Trump?
I wouldn't count on Nevada. It's the state most likely to become a California colony after Colorado.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net

Las Vegas needs tourism to survive. I don't think that's a controversal statement.

I wonder if Trump promising to open everything up again and Biden threatening lockdowns pretty much seals Nevada for Trump?
I wouldn't count on Nevada. It's the state most likely to become a California colony after Colorado.
And next to nobody lives outside of Clark County.

Frisbee Disco Tits

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Biden suddenly makes a campaign stop out of nowhere. No idea what this is, but across all streams there's not even 2k people watching.

I'm tuned into this stream with 500 people most of them making fun of him. It's not even live on his own YouTube channel.

Edit 1:

This is weird, I think it's just reporters, I'm not hearing any cheering for him. I think they just rolled him out of his home, told a couple of reporters, put him on a sidewalk somewhere in PA and did this thing.

Edit 2:

He seems pretty lucid, not slurring so far and answering questions. But he seems pretty slow and now bells are ringing over him.

Edit 3:

It's over. Not a single question from the reporters about the laptop. It was over in like 10-15 minutes. Absolutely pathetic.

Also:

Screenshot from 2020-10-26 21-04-46.png

Last edited:

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Trump's strategy of refusing to do federally mandated shutdowns and leave it to the state/local level is a double-edged sword. On one hand, he ducks the blame for the lockdowns and the local politicians get the responsibility. On the other hand, he can't suddenly claim he can force Vegas to open up, all he can do is bully the mayor/governor.

As a general matter of policy he really doesn't want to start assuming responsibility for every lockdown/open decision, and the economic damage or deaths resulting from each call. He's probably hoping people vote for the general sentiment he's pitching, that they'll vote how they feel about lockdowns without thinking too hard about the actual mechanics of his policies.

I wish Trump was in a stronger position nationally, so he could spend his time running up the numbers, flipping states, and bullying local/state Democrats out of office. This would be the perfect time for a coordinated "all Democrats are failures" campaign, targeted nationally like how Soros funded a wave of liberal DAs in specific races. But neither Trump nor the GOP are doing it.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Biden suddenly makes a campaign stop out of nowhere. No idea what this is, but across all streams there's not even 2k people watching.

I'm tuned into this stream with 500 people most of them making fun of him. It's not even live on his own YouTube channel.

LOL. He spoke for 9 minutes and left.

I think he just wanted people to not be able to say he called a lid on today, so he has to do "something."

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Okay, I'm starting to feel like less of a doomer, due to the Biden campaign's weak-ass demeanor and R's doing better than expected in early voting.

Coronachan is really the only thing Trump has going against him. It still might be enough to get the NPCs out to vote Biden.
Nah, I think thanks to the MSM that Coronachan is a point in Trump's favor.

I'm REALLY starting to get the feeling that people don't want to be locked up again. They care more about that than the 220K Americans that Trump personally killed himself and that the Democratic governors shoving infected people into nursing homes definitely did not contribute to at all.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net

I'm REALLY starting to get the feeling that people don't want to be locked up again. They care more about that than the 220K Americans that Trump personally killed himself and that the Democratic governors shoving infected people into nursing homes definitely did not contribute to at all.
Trump has his ego and his glaring flaws, but I cannot fathom why anyone without TDS would vote for a career politician who now can't even be bothered to show up to campaign.
He literally doesn't have the power to do federally mandated shut downs.
That’s why Biden complaining about his response is so disingenuous.
That's the one thing Libs never talk about: what was Trump supposed to do? He listened to WHO, the CDC, and Fauci the Great.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Trump has his ego and his glaring flaws, but I cannot fathom why anyone without TDS would vote for a career politician who now can't even be bothered to show up to campaign.

That's the one thing Libs never talk about: what was Trump supposed to do? He listened to WHO, the CDC, and Fauci the Great.
The only thing I can think of that Trump could have done differently is be a little more encouraging or proactive about wearing masks. Maybe make sure he wore a mask every time he was in public. That's it though.

As people have said, Biden finally released his Coronachan program, and it was literally everything Trump is already doing.

Trump listened to Fauci, but didn't do every single thing Fauci said (because the economy also matters) so Fauci dragged Trump through the press. People like Stephen Colbert flat out have said that the CDC is in Trump's pocket and is telling Trump what he wanted to hear. They are perfectly fine ignoring the WHO recently saying that lockdowns are bad because 220K Americans have died goddamit!

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net

If Joe just said that he doesn't want to see anyone else in the country die anymore, that would've been perfect. But the guy said "Dark Winter is coming!" and fearmongered and proposed more lockdowns. People are itching for some hope that they can get back to normal, but you have the corpse saying that 100 gorrilion that Drumpf will murder with his bare hands will come and be the reason to shut you down for 100 years.

That, and he's going to unplug the dam and flood the nation with illegals and tax us into the ground. These white, suburban Karens will be the end of us if they're still "sea-sick."

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
If Joe just said that he doesn't want to see anyone else in the country die anymore, that would've been perfect. But the guy said "Dark Winter is coming!" and fearmongered and proposed more lockdowns. People are itching for some hope that they can get back to normal, but you have the corpse saying that 100 gorrilion that Drumpf will murder with his bare hands will come and be the reason to shut you down for 100 years.

That, and he's going to unplug the dam and flood the nation with illegals and tax us into the ground. These white, suburban Karens will be the end of us if they're still "sea-sick."

The lockdowns for only to be for two weeks to "flatten the curve" (remember that?). Now this lockdown shit is going on forever and the only guy who is saying "go outside and stop being a pussy" is Trump. That is the type of person who I want in charge of America's nuclear arsenal, instead of a dementia-ridden kid-sniffer who goes to bed at noon everyday.